Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Swimming and Ttc Rss

Hi ladies I have heard that u shouldnt go swimming until ur 12weeks pregnant cos of the germs is this true ? We r trying to conceive and I don't want to lower my chances by going swimming? Thanks ladies in advance

Mummy to a dd born the 29/02/2008
Ds born 26/08/2010
Baby Girl due 16/10/2012

Hi ladies I have heard that u shouldnt go swimming until ur 12weeks pregnant cos of the germs is this true ? We r trying to conceive and I don't want to lower my chances by going swimming? Thanks ladies in advance

There is no evidence to suggest that swimming is no good. Chorline kills kills in a swimming pool nd if in the beach salt does the same thing.
i haven't heard that and i swam throughout my pregnancy. Perhaps you coul ask your child health nurse?
I know you have to becarefull with spas and TTC but not to sure about swimming. I've swam thru all four of my pregnancies and had no problems.. As PP said ask your Dr if your not sure.. All the best..

I've never heard that before... If it helps I've been swimming in both pools and the ocean recently and have now reached the 12 week mark safetly..

My gyno suggested swimming to help fertility. Breast stroke is good for toning pelvic muscles so the sperm have some help when they are swimming upward

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic