Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Frustrated with Ovulation Tests Lock Rss

Hello,

Today is my 13 day of the cycle. I have been checking my ovulation by ovulation test since day 9, I started with twice a day. Yesterday and Today, i have been checking 3 times a day ...so far alllll are negative... I am just worried because my cycle is 28-29 days... I should be ovulating by day 14th I believe...
I am TTC #2, with my first baby I didn't check for ovulation, it just happened. That's why, I really don't know when do I ovulate.

I really would like to get pregnant this month, I think it's all about timing, I am worried that I've missed the ovulation sometimes before the day 9.. could it be true? should I continue checking this month?? or do you think I am checking in a wrong way?? any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Hey there

O is different for all of us you may not be spot on in the middle of your cycle, Are you testing at 2pm then at 6pm? I was disheartened with opks when I first started using them but then found out I don't O till around cd27! Have you noticed the opks getting a lil bit darker each time? I reckon you may be gearing up, do you get O pain or keep an eye on your CM to see if is turning to EWCM as these are good clues you are coming up to O. I know its hard but try take your mind off it as stress can also delay O. Another good tip is to hold your pee for about 2 hours before you test and make sure it is not to diluted. Hope this helps and fx you O soon! smile

Not everyone will O on day 14 of their cycle. I don't O until CD17.
You're doing the right thing by starting at CD9 (I started at CD10) and testing more than once a day is also good. You should be testing twice a day ~ once at 10/11am and once at around 5pm. The reason for this is sometimes your LH surge (which is the thing picked up by OPK's) only lasts for a few hours and testing once a day, you might miss it!

I got my BFP by having sex every second day from CD10 until I got my +OPK at CD17, then had sex 3 days in a row, then back to every second day. It's a lot of BDing! Haha! But it worked!

Please don't be disheartened if it doesn't happen for you the first month. (For most people it doens't) There are many other way to predict when you O, and the ladies on here will be able to help you with that if that OPK's are causing you stress.

Good luck smile

Thank you so much ladies, I will keep on testing then smile)))

Not everyone will O on day 14 of their cycle. I don't O until CD17.
You're doing the right thing by starting at CD9 (I started at CD10) and testing more than once a day is also good. You should be testing twice a day ~ once at 10/11am and once at around 5pm. The reason for this is sometimes your LH surge (which is the thing picked up by OPK's) only lasts for a few hours and testing once a day, you might miss it!

I got my BFP by having sex every second day from CD10 until I got my +OPK at CD17, then had sex 3 days in a row, then back to every second day. It's a lot of BDing! Haha! But it worked!

Please don't be disheartened if it doesn't happen for you the first month. (For most people it doens't) There are many other way to predict when you O, and the ladies on here will be able to help you with that if that OPK's are causing you stress.

Good luck smile

Thanks for your reply smile)) when you say to have sex 3 days in a row, is that when oak detect positive Lh???

Thanks for your reply smile)) when you say to have sex 3 days in a row, is that when oak detect positive Lh???

Yes, that's right. Once I got my positive ovlation test, we had sex 3 days in a row, then went back to every second day.
Good luck smile

Hi there, I also never got a positive OPK until CD17. I used the internet cheapies and found them great and I got my BFP the second month of using them and now have my little newborn bubs smile Like the others have said keep testing twice a day, never test first thing in the morning though. Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon smile
Oh goodness.... This is driving me nuts, it's my day 16 and no ovulation detection yet sad i am worried ... I hope I didn't missed it... I have been testing twice or sometimes 3 times a day since day 9 ... Sorry ladies I just need to tell somebody...

Oh goodness.... This is driving me nuts, it's my day 16 and no ovulation detection yet sad i am worried ... I hope I didn't missed it... I have been testing twice or sometimes 3 times a day since day 9 ... Sorry ladies I just need to tell somebody...

Like I've said before, just keep testing!
I know it can be frustrating, but you might not O until later in your cycle. I O on CD17, some people O as late as CD21. Stressing about it is not going to help at all!
Just keep at it smile

AWWW! Nonabel

keep testing and hopefully you are charting your temps, that's only way to know that you surely ovulated, my ovulation days change but for some reason the day my opk shows positive is the same! gasp If you ovulate too late it means you have a short luteal phase, which is not optimaum for eggie to implant! Be patient concieving takes time! keep BDing!

baby dust

YEYYYYY soooo happy, OPK positive today at CD18...Is it hard to fall pregnant when ovulating late in the cycle, day 18??????? I want to fall pregnant badlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ....

Thanks all
Sign in to follow this topic