Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Cant remember last time I had a period!

Cant remember last time I had a period! Lock Rss

Its been at the back of my mind for a while now... and I dont know what I should do...

I was on implanon for 3 yrs (stopped Nov last yr) and started Depo shot straight away (stopped in Feb)... During the implanon I think I experienced a period (if you could really call it that, minor bleeding, dark in colour, more like spotting) about 2-3times and not at all during depo shots.

So thats like now, 3.5yrs of no real period. I am now on no form on contraception and havent had a period... every now and then I get small localised pains near my ovaries and think its the start of a period as I use to suffer from serious period pain as a teen (i was perscribed the pill to help, which it did.. it just didnt stop me falling pregnant lol) but it never turns into anything...

My mood has defantly lifted since I stopped taking contraception so I am certain it was screwing with me while I was it on which is a good thing but no period, still, after all this time?? Weird? No??

I have used a few pregnancy tests to make sure as I have nothing to go on other then a positive or negiative of that test...

Any one else experienced similar or no what I should do???

I like not actually having my period but at the same time, I know its a normal, healthy thing to have so even though its a pain to have it when its there... I kind of want it just so I know my body is back to normal..

Madison Jade 28.08.06 & Kobyn James 20.06.08

So you only had one depo in Nov? When I was ttc ds2 I had a depo in Aug and Nov, then didn't get af back until September. I was preg with ds2 the next cycle. hth.

Hello, have you tried taking anything like Vitex & B6?? It has helped some woman, me included, not UTD yet but it's only a matter of time. smile Baby dust grin
Hi, I am in a similar boat.

I had been on contraceptive pill for 7 years. Stopped end of Jan and AF begining of Feb and havn't since. It has pretty much been 4 months.

I started using Vitex 30 days ago and havn't seen any result. How long does it usually take to "kick in"?

I am noticing my hormone levels returning to normal. Had massive break outs when first came of the pill but skin is almost cleared up.

Anyway know that I am keeping you company in the frustrating wait to get to a place where I can TTC =)

Hi there i have had the same thing for the last 2 yrs. i had implanon straight after my 2nd child (july 2010) then had it removed 12 months later due to side affects. after that i started depo shots and had no bleeding whatsoever until i stopped them august last year. since then i had one period in january and another in may so not sure if there is even a cycle there but we would like to start TTC #3. doctor says to wait it out as i am only 25 but im getting so frustrated with how long it is taking as first 2 PGs were relatively quick. Any ideas or inputs would be great smile

sounds like im not alone.. my regular gp is on holidays so i am going to book in and see the lady one at the same office to see if i can get an answer... the comment about not bleeding and then leading to cancer has just scared the sheeeeeeet outta mee!

So I have FINALLY!!!.. after litterlly months of puttin it off.. Have an appointment with my GP for tonight... I am actually going to try and solve this mystery and find out why (or atleast start the process to find out) I havent had a period in so long..

I am worried, a bunch of nerves really.. thinking up senarios and freaking myself out with the what ifs!!!

ARRGGHHH!!!

Sign in to follow this topic