Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

TTC- First Pregnancy Lock Rss

Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to know if there was any helpful tips from any members out there.
I'm 29 and we've been TTC for 4 months-(I know, probably early days to be asking for extra help). I've been using OPK, taking pregnancy multivitamins and tracking my BT. I stopped using the pill a year ago and have had the full work up at the doc's too, and got the green light. Just frustrating that we seem to be doing all the right things, and no baby yet.
Any tips or words of encouragement would be apperciated.
Thanks.
Yeah there really aren't any "tricks" to get pregnant, it's gonna happen when it's gonna happen, it's a totally lottery. We tried for 9 months every diet, vitamin, position, timing etc but the month we stopped trying and relaxed, we got pregnant. So my advise is come off contraception and get on with life and when the right ingredients mix, you'll get your baby smile
If you know exactly when you ovulate it does make it much easier. I was tracking my BBT religiously. With my son I fell pregnant the 1st cycle so when I didn't fall pregnant the 1st cycle we tried with this baby I panicked a bit. We fell pregnant the 3rd cycle.

Few things to note:
- Remember it's best to try before ovulation so the sperm is waiting for the egg to be released. So do it everyday the 4 days before O, day of O and day after jic.
- do you know what ur luteal phase is? Time between O and period. If it's shorter than 12 days the egg won't have time to implant. I know that was a problem for me and a few friends when TTC no 2. Solution: vitamin B6. Helps lengthen this

Good luck and try to relax.

Thanks guys,
relaxing is something to work on (currenlty at uni doing a post grad). My mood does feel a bit low at times, especially now that 2 close friends have just recently given birth, and it seems a pregnancy boom has exploded at work of late.
This last month i was fed up with consistenly watching BBT, and checking O with OPK. I've started meditation and just enjoying this time with hubby. Totally my philosophy- 'if its meant to be, it's meant to be'.

Thanks Sdhani- i didn't know this. My lutel phase is more than 12days, plus the multivitimin I take has VitB6 in it, so should be covered on that front.
Only thing I can suggest is a vitamin combo a awesome lady put together that has helped many ladies get their bfps. I know you are on a multi but sometimes they don't have enough in them so here is the combo:

DH: Menevit or u can use spermMax,
Vitamin C 1000mg take 2 tablets a day, he can take them any time of the day
Zinc 1 tablet a day.

You:
2000mg of vitex,- Take from AF to O
100mg of B6,
400mg of folic acid,
2000mg of EPO - 1 tablet 3x a day from AF to O

Also there is a SMEP method of once get a pos on an opk you bd for 3 days, miss a day then bd again

Hello!

I fell pregnant on the 3rd cycle of trying. I was also getting pretty disappointed after not falling straight away but I agree that relaxing and just enjoying the process rather than getting to caught up in 'quick I am ovulating, get into bed' works smile When I fell I actually thought I had completely missed my O (my DH works away so it was a lonnnnng shot for the 3rd cycle) so we were really relaxed about it - but it must have all fallen into place.

I know what you mean about feeling down when other people are getting pregnant and having babies around you when you are ttc, very frustrating!!! Just put some good baby vibes out there and I am sure they will come back to you!

Good luck smile

It's increadibly frustrating !!!
I'm also finding it hard to try and think of things to say when ppl ask 'when are you guys going to have a baby?'. It's at work i feel the most pressure too, if you cough ppl ask "are you pregnant?"
Also, my parents and PIL aren't really putting any pressure on, but they ask things like-
"next year in April we want to go on a holiday....is anything happening then?"
You don't want to tell ppl you're ttc, as then you put extra pressure on yourselves.

Funnily enough, I've been asking if there anything i can do to help ttc, and didn't even think about DH. I'll suggest for him to take some multivit. Thanks lucky slippers
Steph13_ wrote:
It's increadibly frustrating !!!
I'm also finding it hard to try and think of things to say when ppl ask 'when are you guys going to have a baby?'. It's at work i feel the most pressure too, if you cough ppl ask "are you pregnant?"
Also, my parents and PIL aren't really putting any pressure on, but they ask things like-
"next year in April we want to go on a holiday....is anything happening then?"
You don't want to tell ppl you're ttc, as then you put extra pressure on yourselves.

Funnily enough, I've been asking if there anything i can do to help ttc, and didn't even think about DH. I'll suggest for him to take some multivit. Thanks lucky slippers

I though this was me writing this haha
Im sick of the silent pressure from everyone else-who probably don't realize they are doing it and in all fairness, we have been together 12 years, married 2yrs, been on our honeymoon and have a house and now i am actually ready and actively trying but don't want to tell our parents yet-it makes it so much harder!
Im on the 2 week wait now for the second time-so still very very early on in the trying game i know and i know it can take a while but i honestly thought it would happen straight away so a little bit frustrated already! Been doing my best to de-stress this month and hopefully it will work smile
haha this sounds like me too, on my third cycle now trying to relax and think it'll happen when it happens but I also think I want it to happen NOW!!! But hey same as you girls it's only early days, if my body could tell me "hey its going to take 6, 9months" then i think i could relax...
Yeah I am definitely very very early days, only 2nd cycle off pill, if only I knew how long it was going to take. Hate not knowing what is going to happen!! Should go to a psychic lol.

Definitely feeling a bit of pressure from a couple of girls at work....but only one other friend knows so yeah no pressure from anyone else smile ...and we only got married 3 months ago so probably have a while before people get suspicious and start asking questions.

Totally agree with all of the above. I think in saying we're trying to relax about it all, is actually making me more consciously aware that I'm trying not to think about it, but it's all I can think about!!!!

We've been married for almost a year now, and it just seem like that natural progression to start trying. Once you've been together with someone for a while the first question is "when are you guys going to get married?". Then when you get married- 'when are you guys going to have a baby?"

I supposed realistically, I know ttc for the first time, on your first cycle, can be difficult (not saying that it doesn't happen). But I guess all those times you were on the pill or using other forms of contraception, it fooled you into believing that it can only take 'just that one time', so we better be careful as were not ready yet. You know what i mean?
I guess what I'm trying to say is, when you want something to happen and you're that 'get out there and grab it by the balls' kinda person, it kind of knocks you for six really as some plans don't pan out the way you intended. It's totally out of your control and really a mix of good timing, a bit of chance and luck on your side
End my frustrated rant. smile
Yeah its funny that we before TTC we spent so much money on pills/doctors appointments to get pills and making sure I took them at the same time every day to prevent pregnancy...I've even taken the morning after pill after one missed pill just in case lol....

And now spending so much time TRYING to get pregnant...I completely agree Steph, definitely know what you're saying lol.

Good luck.

Sign in to follow this topic