Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

coming off the pill (Norimin) Lock Rss

just wondering how long it takes for you body to get on track after being on the pill for 5 years.

We want to get pregnant ASAP and get our family underway..

I've heard different things. Apparently it takes 6 months for your body to get rid of the pill, but you hear of people who go off it and they fall pregnant that month...

But most professionals ive spoken to said 6 months.

Good luck falling pregnant smile
KatieBabie wrote:
I've heard different things. Apparently it takes 6 months for your body to get rid of the pill, but you hear of people who go off it and they fall pregnant that month...

But most professionals ive spoken to said 6 months.

Good luck falling pregnant smile

thank you, we hope it doesn't take to long
I came Off in April, started trying in june and fell pregnant in July this year-id been on the pill for 13 years!
Everyone is different
Good luck!
Took me 2 months to fall pregnant with our first- Started trying as soon as i stopped taking the pill.
With our second i stopped taking the pill about 2 months before and fell pregnant straight away.
Im now pregnant with no.3 and did the same as i did with no.2.....Fell pregnant straight away.

Goodluck and wish you all the best TTC xx
I fell pregnant with DD the first month off the pill. Had my withdrawl bleed but then nothing so thought I'd better test and +ve. We were schocked as everyone said it would take ages.
Everyone is different.

Everyone is different and every body is different. It took my mum 3 yrs to fall with her first so I thought it would be atleast 6-12 months but I was lucky and fell pregnant in our 3rd month of trying. Best of luck, I know its hard but try not to stress about it smile

I was on Norimin for 5 years and i fell pregnant while still taking it regularly as i had been for the whole time smile Good luck hope it doesnt take too long x

I have not heard of that brand of pill, but as everyone else said, everyone is different.With our 1st baby,I fell pregnant in the 2nd month after stopping the pill(triphasil) and I had been on in for about 15 years.2nd baby, took 7- 8 months but had not been on any contraception since the arrival of ds1.Good luck with ttc and hope to hear the happy news soon

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I was on the combined pill for 2 years and then 2 years on the mini pill, got pregnant after being off it for a month. That could have been cause it was just the mini pill though. Good luck and hope it doesnt take too long for you! smile
I have now been off the pill for 1 month.. im trying to conceive as well.. i was on the lowest dose pill.. and only since march last year..

im hoping it doesnt take too long !! AF arrived yesterday so i guess this month is out.. fingers crossed for next month hehe.. good luck to you as well smile

we will keep everyone updated, but we are using a great app that tells us when Aimee has released the egg and when to have pvt time.

We hope that it will work and that it will have a baby in the oven soon
Sign in to follow this topic