Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Late period, negative pregnancy test & now very light bleeding

Late period, negative pregnancy test & now very light bleeding Lock Rss

Hi ladies,

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. My period was a day late, I took a HPT and it came out negative. The next day I had a small amount of mucous tinged with blood, which then, over another day started to look like a very light period. I had horrible cramping, but very little blood. The bleeding has come and gone, and doesn't even come out onto my pad, it's only there when I wipe after going to the toilet. My breasts are huge and I have noticed veins on my areolas, and they are tingly on and off. I went to my GP today who did another urine test, which also came out negative. He wouldn't do a blood test as he said because the test is negative and I've had bleeding that I'm not pregnant and my cycle is probably out of whack.

Things just don't seem right. My period was due 4 days ago. Has anyone experienced anything similar? If so, what was the outcome?
It could be that when you did the HPT, that the your HCG levels weren't high enough to be read. I would do another in a couple of days, especially if you have symptoms. I did a test on a Tuesday and it came up negative. I did one on Friday and it had a faint line. By the Monday (and 6 more tests later) the line was dark.

I too had the the blue veins (or road maps as I call them) all over my boobs and they were immensely sore!

As for my period, I had 2 during July and then a week after my period, experienced the blood when I wiped that you talked about. Testing was about two weeks after that and it was positive!

Good Luck!!!!!
Sign in to follow this topic