Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

36 yo, wanting ivf sibling Rss

Thank you all for all your sweet comments. My husband and I are also dealing with infertility issues. (Both of us). Everything seemed to be fine on my end. The thing I wanna say is you and your husband are a team, and fertility is a joint thing.  I think most couples would say that they share in the disappointment and grief. No matter who has the infertility diagnosis.  I think it's so important to never place blame on anyone when it comes to fertility. Because what our bodies choose to do is out of our control.  I'm just thankful that we are both healthy otherwise. And we're doing the best that we can. Our sperm count seems to be not totally bad (at our last IUI we had 7 million post wash). And rather than continue with IUIs and having less than a 10% chance of success with those numbers, we decided to take our RE's referral to a urologist who specializes in male infertility.  My DH also suffers from low T and the urologist said that the supplement he was taking to increase T (androgel) is likely causing low sperm count.  So he took DH off androgel and prescribed him clomid instead to increase T.  We're hoping helped as well.
C_Lains wrote:
Kimmelanie221 wrote:
Hello and intro! I'm 36 with 1 kid conceived naturally. But, here I am wanting just 1 more. We've been trying for about 18 months now on and off. This is the month I'm starting to get serious about it. Supplements, acupuncture, no wine (kind of a biggie lol) and trying to time BD'ing with Ovulation better.
I hope that I am welcome since we already have a kid. I know the struggle of wanting a baby and not being able to get pregnant and how hopeless you can feel. While I know it's a long shot since I have 1 ovary and POF. Also time is not on my side. We will be going the IVF route. SThe past 18 months I’ve tried to be strong and not let our fertility difficulties affect life in general. I’d probably have a couple of bad days after I’d get AF but I’d pick myself up and carry on. As of the couple of weeks I’m struggling to carry on normal life right now, I’m an emotional wreck. I’m not motivated to do anything that I used to love. I’m trying so hard to hide it and put on a brave face to everyone outside my house. My husband is my rock and normally the optimistic one.
Looking forward some words of support from experienced ivf'ers and ladies struggling desperate for a baby. Would love to hear from all.
Thank you and be blessed always!!
Please, do have a look onto this article~~
''***Center for Human Reproduction offers patients who are above 40 and for those, who suffer from low levels of AMH, an innovative program that makes it possible to get pregnant with their own eggs. Mitochondria replacement therapy is an innovation and a breakthrough in the field of ART and the fertility treatment. This program gives women, who underwent numerous unsuccessful IVF cycles, aged 40+, patients with low mitochondrial functional activity, an excellent chance to give birth to a child who shares a genetic relationship with her and her partner. Mitochondrion is one of the most important components of any living cell, including the egg. In simple words, mitochondrion is the cell’s energy station. Essentially, its work consists in supplying the cell with vital energy for its normal functioning. Women that went through multiple unsuccessful IVF attempts, as well as of older reproductive age, need to restore oocyte mitochondria in order to successfully become pregnant.
A woman can become pregnant only if there are functionally active mitochondria in her oocytes. Donation of mitochondria will allow thousands of hopeless women to give birth to a healthy child through IVF using mitochondrial donation. To carry out such a procedure, an egg donor with a high functional activity of mitochondria, a patient, and sperm for in vitro fertilization are required. Healthy functionally active mitochondria are taken from a donor’s oocyte and integrated with the patient’s cells. Next, fertilization with sperm and transfer of a healthy embryo into the patient’s uterus is performed. Mitochondria donation is a unique assistive reproductive technology, which is basically the implantation of a healthy and functionally active donor mitochondria into the cells of an infertile patient, that provides the patient’s cell with the necessary energy and contributes to successful pregnancy.'' Mitochondrial DNA and Human DNA are different things. It only gives that necessary energy to the oocyst and helps with developing an embryo and make it stronger. DNA is in the core of the mitochondria, which are not used for donation. Therefore, genetically, mitochondria have no effect on the embryo. So you get genetically related to you kid!
I know this is quite a late post of mine. It's been a year since you posted, but in case there was a delay etc. I just thought this might help you to know you can keep the genetic link to your baby.
Hoping for your best.

Thank you for sharing. IVF can seem like a scary process but if you truly want a baby, this is the path you need to take (assuming this is your only option). If you read all the side effects of every pill you take, you will just drive yourself crazy. Take a deep breath, review the medication you have at hand. and address your concerns with your doctor. You'll be just fine! The injections aren't as scary as you think. Just remember that you're strong women and you'll do it!! As for freezing eggs, a lot of women opt out of a fresh transfer and then decide to do a frozen one later on. You can also do PGD testing on the embryos before your transfer. which will mean you'll have a frozen transfer as well. Just drop a line if you have any questions. These boards are filled with support and helpful information. I hope you find peace during this process and are able to relax and not stress too much during this ride. Remember that stress is bad for you as well during this whole thing. So let's see together what happens next??
How do you decide to tell or not about what you are going through?? I  have a few people at work who know because of the constant appointments.  My parents know about my condition because I was diagnosed at 17. But they don't know much about our current treatment.  We haven't talked to any other family. Especially DH's family.  My MIL is a bit of a gossip. But also really wants grandbabies so she does unthoughtful things like buying us baby socks...You know, this is killing. So sometimes I just want to tell so we stop getting nagged about having babies. But other times I don't want to tell because I don't want everyone to hear that it's "my fault" that we don't have kids.  That is how she would spin it.  I blame myself enough, I don't need someone else to blame me too. So we're currently keeping silent about our treatments. Especially if the method of mitochondria replacement therapy we're using is still so new..Just hoping for the best. The place we've been currently with IS WORTHY.
Kimmie, hey! I hope you're doing well. Please don't overthink this much! Trust your husband's optimism. I can assure you, you have it far better than most hopefuls out there, including me. I'd suggest you sit back and relax. IVF is a good option to go for. I have a friend who had a baby through IVF with a clinic from abroad. She had PCOS, and it was great to see it working out. I'm convinced it's a safe option! You'll need a bit of luck, of course. I'm sure, though, it'll go all okay for you. Keep the faith! Good luck and lots of love for you. You can do this!
Sign in to follow this topic