Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

IVF failed Rss

Hey really sorry to hear about your loss. We understand what she is facing now. Hope she recovered soon. OUR PRAYERS AND GOOD wishes are with her.Its ok if it doesn't work out in her first IVF cycle. It is not the end . There is still a chance hope she get positive results this time. Keep supporting her in her hard times. Motivate her show her some inspirational videos from YouTube. Believe me they are amazing they will surely give her hope. Good luck. May God you both.
I am sorry to know that. But at the same time happy to know that you are ready to fight it again.smile Such an inspiration you are. I hope this time everything goes fine for you. Sending love and wishes to you. smile Fingers crossed for you. Don't forget to share. Will be waiting to hear more from you. smile
Cathymccartney098 wrote:
Hi guys. So my friends first IVF cycle failed. We don't understand why this happened. She has started another cycle. I really hope it works this time. She has lost all hopes. We need your prayers.

I've just shared this on another thread. There are 3 basic reasons why IVF fails.The first is that embryo(s) transferred to the uterus was/were “incompetent”. In most cases, this is due to an irregular number of chromosomes in the embryo. The second reason is an underlying implantation dysfunction that prevents the embryo from properly attaching to the uterine lining. The commonest causes for this include: A thin endometrium (measuring less than 9 mm) at the peak of estradiol stimulation. Surface lesions that protrude into the uterine cavity (scarring, polyps and uterine fibroids) that create a local adverse environment that prevents implantation. Immunologic dysfunction that results in implantation failure.
The third reason relates to technical difficulty in the performance of embryo transfer, which is a rate limiting factor. It is an undeniable fact that not all RE’s are equally skilled at the performance of this important step of the IVF process unfortunately.
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you this time. Your dr must investigate and give you some recommendations on how to proceed. Take care.
Sandrape788 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your failed cycle. I feel the same way. Just went thru third IVF. Everything was great. I strongly believed this one will be success. My Dr. said 3 days after transfer they were still in amazement over the quality of my eggs. If everything was perfect why didn't it work???? Just don't understand. How can I continue to fail with such a good eggs? I don’t get it. Not giving up. Going to try again. Will find the funds somewhere. Our insurance doesn't cover any infertility tx. That also I think is unfair. It's not like we chose to have infertility problems. This’s not my fault I can’t get pregnant. Anyway, good luck to everyone.

This is no one's fault. Just bad luck or curse. We've dreamt about our #1 for yrs. Applying for different treatment options. All ineffective unless turned to donor egg at bio texcom. It took us 1 shot to conceive. May all of you, lovelies, be blessed with your little ones soon.
Hey guys! how have you all been? I want to thank each of you for coming here. Thanks for commenting on my post and just being there for me and my friend. I have seen her go through some tough times. She is very strong but this one was really hard for her. She lost all hope after her first cycle didn't work. We did a lot of research. We were sure that IVF would work for her since she has PCOS. Everything else was fine. She underwent another cycle reluctantly. But this time the doctors at her clinic were hopeful. And she finally conceived. We couldn't believe it. She's pregnant now. The baby and she both are healthy. I couldn't thank God enough.
I want a baby too badly as I have been trying to conceive from the last decade. I am looking for other alternatives to have a baby. I have looked into a number of options like adoption, surrogacy.
I have come to know from many forums about surrogacy. I heard many infertile women going for surrogacy. People on the forum are discussing mostly surrogacy. People discuss clinics mostly. I get to learn something from their discussions.
Cathymccartney098 wrote:
Hey guys! how have you all been? I want to thank each of you for coming here. Thanks for commenting on my post and just being there for me and my friend. I have seen her go through some tough times. She is very strong but this one was really hard for her. She lost all hope after her first cycle didn't work. We did a lot of research. We were sure that IVF would work for her since she has PCOS. Everything else was fine. She underwent another cycle reluctantly. But this time the doctors at her clinic were hopeful. And she finally conceived. We couldn't believe it. She's pregnant now. The baby and she both are healthy. I couldn't thank God enough.

So happy for friend of yours!!God's blessings she's suffered enough..lovely woman, she has her tiny bean inside now. May all the following months be smooth and healthy for them both. Ivf doesn't work from the very first time for the majority unfortunately. There are a lot of reasons for this. And mainly docs don't know the exact one themselves. No wonder though there are lots of things we cannot rule over. But it's important to find the source of strength to keep on moving. Some get sb at side to talk to. Others turn to support groups & boards like this which are amazing. We all come here to get answers and share our worries. We all are on different stages with our treatments but we're on the same path. We want our kids into life and have to struggle for them. I know how painful this road can be, and I'm so happy your friend got her luck at the end of this journey. Tell her my best wishes. Hope for everyone's miracle!
Milena2020 wrote:
I want a baby too badly as I have been trying to conceive from the last decade. I am looking for other alternatives to have a baby. I have looked into a number of options like adoption, surrogacy.
I have come to know from many forums about surrogacy. I heard many infertile women going for surrogacy. People on the forum are discussing mostly surrogacy. People discuss clinics mostly. I get to learn something from their discussions.

This approach must be the best for you now. I'm sorry, honey, you're facing this. But looking for more opinions and seeking professional help will definitely help you to get your problem nailed. Then together with you RE you'll find the most appropriate solution for you. If we talk about adoption, one should understand that adoption doesn't seem the smoother and faster and cheaper process at all. Furthermore, yu may put in years and get no kid in the end which is very frustrating. The thing completely differs with surrogacy. Moreover if you choose the destination like Ukraine, you'll be able to get vip package for the same sum of money the 1 shot surrogacy package in the US. for example, will cost!. Besides a lot of women participate in surrogacy there, so you won't have to wait for too long for the program to start. I'd recommend you looking onto asiu.us blog which is absolutely awesome for details. I don't know much of your previous history, your dx etc. but seems you need some help on the point. Feel free to ask whatever you want. I'm here for you. Stay well x
Milena2020 wrote:

Hi. Hope you are well. I'm glad to know you find help in our discussions. You can consider one of these alternatives for yourself too. You should talk to your doctor about it. I can help you out with clinic recommendations if you need any. Good luck.
Milena2020 wrote:

Hi. Hope you are well. I'm glad to know you find help in our discussions. You can consider one of these alternatives for yourself too. You should talk to your doctor about it. I can help you out with clinic recommendations if you need any. Good luck.
RebecaM wrote:
It's actually really common. She's got nothing to worry about. IVF doesn't have a 100% success rate. Especially, the initial cycles don't guarantee success right away. Good luck to her. I hope she doesn't lose faith! Sending her baby dust!

Hello. How are you doing? She was prepared for these consequences. She faced infertility due to PCOS. So her doctor said there were good chances for IVF to work for her. it didn't the first time. The doctor said there was nothing to worry about. He advised my friend to go for it one more time. So she went for another transfer of IVF. Luckily it worked. She had lost all hope the first time. But her doctor said it was common and there is still hope. They believed it would happen for her. She is currently pregnant now. It was a challenging time for her. But in the end, everything worked out.
Gina Roland wrote:
Hello Cathy! I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes! IVF doesn't work all the time. So, yeah! I've also had failed IVF attempts a year ago. Now, going via surrogacy route at a repro center in Ukraine. Don't be disappointed! Go for other attempts! IVF has better chances in later attempts. So, yeah! There might be a chance you'll be able to conceive. Wish you all the best! Stay strong! Keep trying. xx

Hey. How are you doing? Thank you so much for the comment. We were actually devastated with the results in the first attempt. My friend had lost all hope. She gets paranoid easily. But the doctors were hopeful and advised her to go for it again. We were told that the initial transfers sometimes don't work and that's okay. So she went for another transfer. And luckily it worked this time. She finally conceived. I had a feeling it will. She is now pregnant. We are very happy for her. Your concern means a lot to us.
Sign in to follow this topic