Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

IVF or surrogacy Rss

Hey there. I so understand what you mean. Both are alternates to infertility. Yet one is favored by so many while the other is stigmatized and shunned. It is okay not to like it. But I have seen so many women think of it so negatively.
I personally think it is an amazing option. Not only for infertile couples, but also couples of same sex. It is making having a family reality for so many around us. I have a very close friend who went for surrogacy after 6 long years of TTC. I do not think she would have been able to complete her family without surrogacy. It is just amazing to see her so happy. Someone telling me it is not right or ethical. They should first tell me of an alternative which would have made my friend as happy as she is. If there was any alternative, I am sure she must have tried it. So I am completely in favor of it.
Hey Angelica. I hope you're doing fine. You started an interesting post, mate. I totally respect your opinion. As far as I'm concerned, I think that both the methods are equally useful and important. Both of them are great alternatives to have a child. Those who're infertile often go for IVF first just in case they are lucky enough to experience pregnancy. This might be the reason why IVF is more supported than surrogacy. After the process of IVF is done, it feels like a natural pregnancy. People usually keep it confidential too for whatever reasons. While surrogacy simply means that someone else is carrying your baby. People usually frown upon it. But they don't realize the pain of the intended parents due to infertility. They don't have any choice left if they want to become parents. We should be thankful for these methods which are there to help people fulfill their dreams.
Surrogacy is better in my opinion. IVF doesn't confirm anything. It doesn't work for everyone. Surrogacy is safe compared to that. There's a clinic I know of that offers multiple tries of IVF in surrogacy. How amazing is that? No money would go to waste in this way.
You cannot apply for surrogacy just 'cause you want! There are dx a woman has to meet to use this option. Those are the following. The absence of the uterus; Deformation of the cavity or cervix; Diseases in which pregnancy and childbirth may endanger a woman’s life; 5 IVF attempts (this number might change within places); Structural and morphological, or anatomical changes in the endometrium of the uterus; Complex somatic diseases. One of these dx should be proved by dr!! Besides there are many law aspects. For example, some countries will want you to be married heterosexual couple only. Others won't mind you being single but the surro will have all rights for your baby..This platform should be carefully studied within countries and its surrogacy law. Also the nice option would be to look for the so called ''guaranteed packages'' to feel safe with your treatment investments.
I've got to know loads of info on the surrogacy in ukraine. Mainly because we've recently had our donor egg cycle there. And in case it wouldn't have worked we were seriously considering surrogacy there. Here is a couple of things a couple must know before evaluating this option there. Surrogate mothers there have no rights for the child. Speaking metaphorically, this service equal to the lease. As a rule, parent of the child is indicated by the biological father who provided the sperm. That's why for the program of surrogate motherhood in Ukraine can go only married couples!! And for the same reason it does not cooperate with homosexual couples. Mother will be registered as a parent if her egg was used instead of donor's. List of documents for the the registry office:
a statement of the spouses parents;
birth certificate;
a notarized statement of agreement of a surrogate mother to record the spouses parents of the baby
Information about the genetic relationship of the child's father;
Parent’s passports;
Parent’s marriage certificate;
Register office is not allowed to ask for:
the contract between the genetic parents and the surrogate mother (it’s a confidential document);
surrogate mother’s presence while child registration;
appeals to the guardianship.
Again, one should study law perfectly well before applying for the procedure!!
You should make sure you trust the clinic/dr. If you have any concerns on the point, try to get the 2nd opinion. This is a list of questions to ask during the first visit.
Fertility evaluation: What specific tests would you recommend to diagnose my infertility? How much do they cost? This is important information for you to bring back to your insurance company.
Diagnosis:How long will it take to diagnose our issues? Every case is different, and your physician may not have an exact answer, but they may be able to give you some idea of the timeline.
Treatment: Based on the results of those tests, what are my treatment options? What is the national success rate for those treatments in terms of live births? What are this clinic’s success rates? What are the side effects and risks of these treatments?
About the clinic: Does your clinic provide emotional counseling, or can you refer me to a counselor who deals with fertility problems? What role does your nursing staff play in patient treatment and contact? Where will the testing/procedures take place? On site or at a separate facility? How many patients do you see who are in my age group? How many have my fertility problem? What are the live-birth success rates for my age group and with my treatment options? How is communication handled at the clinic? What are the office hours and what number should I call with problems or questions? Is there an out-of-hours emergency line?
Tests administered. Multiple tests are a regular part of fertility treatment, allowing your team to monitor progress throughout the process. At this first consultation, the tests are to help diagnose your fertility issues, establish a baseline for future tests, and to screen out any problems that could interfere with fertility treatments. At your first visit, you are likely to encounter the following tests.
For women: Ultrasound to assess ovaries. Standard blood tests (to check for individual hormone levels) such as: FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), PRL (prolactin).
For men: Sperm sample. Infectious disease panel before IUI (intrauterine insemination) or IVF (in vitro fertilization).
All work done properly, I do believe you'll get the problem nailed and find the best solution for you- ivf or surrogacy. Wishing you the best of luck!
Andie.Berg wrote:
Hey Angelica, I hope you are doing well. I think it is not about options in such cases. It's like you don't even have a choice. Both the procedures are made for different people. Not everyone one is a candidate. It's a common misconception I feel like. So, for example, I had to go for surrogacy mainly because I didn't have any other choice. This is my only hope. I am glad that you were able to make a decision regarding this as well. I hope your process goes well. I am in the last phase of the process. the surrogate mother is pregnant. We are desperately waiting for the final call. Hoping for the best. Good luck to you.

Hi bravie!! Congrats with your successful surrogacy shot. I think I've come across some of your posts on other threads. If I'm not mistaken you're passing treatments in ukrainian clinic. So thought this might be useful for you to know comming closer to the exit stage.
OBTAINING OF THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR THE BABY (up to 1 week)
In order to obtain the birth certificate you will need to have your marriage certificate apostilled in the country that issued that marriage certificate. For countries that are not participants of the Hague Convention, abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents (Apostille convention) – the marriage certificate should be legalised. Apostille is not the same as legalisation. You may click the following link in order to check if your country is the participant of the Hague Convention https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention.
If the name on your marriage certificate differs in any way from the name on your passport (e.g. there is a middle name on one or not the other, or surnames differ) – you need to obtain an official intermediate document confirming your identity. Failure to provide such document may cause your process delay. Your program coordinator will advise you with all such issues.
In order to obtain the birth certificate both intended parents need to be present in the country.
The birth certificate will be submitted for apostillation, translation and notarisation.
EXIT PROCESS
After the birth certificate is obtained the embassy process starts.
The clinic provides you full documentary support of the exit process.
The embassy process differs for every country, so the waiting time is different for every particular case
Some of the Embassies will require additional DNA test performed on their premises – this additional DNA test is not covered by the clinic. It is recommended that you agree all of your actions associated with the exit process with your program coordinator.
Actually, it is considerably complicated to calculate the overall cost of a surrogacy arrangement in the UK, as it depends on the payments you agree to make to your surrogate in advance.There is a common misconception that £15k is the fixed amount to be paid for reasonable expenses to the surrogate. However, there is no actual amount set by law and what is considered reasonable depends on a case-by-case basis. In any case, the following are the general expenses that you can expect to reimburse your surrogate for: Travel costs. Maternity clothes. Treatment costs. Childcare/pregnancy costs. Loss of earnings (for her and her partner). Aside from that, it should be clear that, generally speaking, there is no NHS funding available for surrogacy arrangements, which means that is must be privately funded. So, in addition to the surrogate’s expenses, you should add the fertility clinics costs and the court fee. The law allows surrogacy in the UK but it's not regulated the way expected. The surrogate is a legal mom of the baby born. She can change her mind and keep the baby. This must be a huge factor for most. No wonder, more and more couples come to Ukraine to undergo surrogacy there.
Just to add. Commercial surrogacy is legal in Ukraine.Surrogacy arrangements are permitted by law as long as the parties involved do meet the following requirements: To be an officially married heterosexual couple. At least, the intended father is able to provide his genetic material. Ideally, the law envisages that both commissioning parents provide their gametes for the creation of the embryo. To have a medical cause that is preventing the intended mother from becoming pregnant or carrying a pregnancy to term under safe conditions for both her and the baby-to-be. Uterine malformations, being born without uterus, anatomical, morphological and/or structural problems of the uterine lining that lead to implantation failure or are incurable are some examples of what the law accepts as medical causes. It is required to prove it by means of a medical certificate, which will be reviewed and approved by Ukrainian gynos and Res. Also, severe somatic symptom disorders that may put the life of the patient at risk during pregnancy but have no influence on the health of the fetus are considered to be a valid reason as to why one may need a surrogate to have a baby. Having gone through 4 failed IVF attempts using high-quality embryos is also considered a medical cause that can leave a couple no alternative but to turn to surrogacy. In such cases, the Ukrainian authorities will require you to provide proof from the fertility clinic you were working with in your home country.
@Monikadavid399,
Do you mean this VIP package??~
All-inclusive VIP €49900:
You will be provided a cellphone with a Ukrainian carrier for communication.
You will stay in a standard room at the Venice Hotel or a luxury apartment for the first two visits, and on your final visit, you will stay in a bigger suite that specially equipped for babies (I’m assuming this means a crib).
You’ll receive a Newborn Package that includes all the things you’ll need when you start to take care of the baby.
You will receive PGD services, which helps eliminate poor embryos and also allows for gender selection.
A pediatrician will see your child every day, and there is also a 24/7 hotline for English-speaking Pediatricians, who can come visit you at any time if necessary.
Regardless of how far along the surrogate is, if the case of miscarriage, abortion, or death of child, the agency will take care of the cost of paying the surrogate and finding a new one.
In case your baby is born premature, the agency will pay all medical fees regardless.
If you have twins, there is no additional fee.
You will have 9am – 6pm nursery and babysitting services available to you every day.
You may attend the birth of your baby.
One should also be aware of the fact that regardless of package – if you aren’t able to attend the embryo transfer due to a reasonable excuse, you will be fined €3k. If there is no reason, then you will be fined €6k. Accuracy is very important for the positive outcome.
Hello. I'm glad you asked. It's not a choice really. But if it was choice people would definitely go with IVF. It lets them carry their own baby. The process is different. The embryos are developed out of the body. But then they are implanted in the uterus of the mother. Surrogacy involves IVF too. Only the carrier is a different woman who is the surrogate mother. This is why surrogacy used to be a little controversial back then. But I don't think it's like that anymore. So it really depends on the person's condition and ability. If the mother is able to carry the child she would obviously choose IVF over surrogacy. But some people simply can't carry a baby due to a number of conditions. In that case, surrogacy is the answer.
Ladies, I'm more to think one should exhaust all the less invasive options before moving to surrogacy. I've recently got to know, our clinic began to offer a new method. It's called mitochondrion replacement therapy. Patients who are above 40 and for those, who suffer from low levels of AMH, this innovative program makes it possible to get pregnant with their own eggs!! The core of the process is the following. They stimulate donor and you at the same time, like in any IVF. Then they take some healthy active mitochondria from the donor's egg and place it back to your egg. Mitochondrion is one of the most important components of any living cell, including the egg. In simple words, mitochondrion is the cell’s energy station. Essentially, its work consists in supplying the cell with vital energy for its normal functioning. So if your eggs aren't of the expected quality or their quantity is low, you can ''refresh'' them with donor's mitochondria. Moreover it won't affect the baby's DNA!! So you'll get genetically related to YOU baby in the end. smile Medicine did step much further nowadays, make sure you've exhausted all the options before involving the surro to carry your baby. Hope my message gives you some tips. Sending all my positive thougths your way, hugs x
Sign in to follow this topic