Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

IVF or surrogacy Rss

Hello!

IVF implies a complex series of procedures used to treat fertility or genetic problems and assist with the conception of a child.

During IVF, mature eggs are collected (retrieved) from your ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a lab. Then the fertilized egg (embryo) is implanted in your uterus. One cycle of IVF takes about 6-8 weeks.

IVF is the most effective form of assisted reproductive technology. The procedure can be done using your own eggs and your partner's sperm. Or IVF may involve eggs, sperm or embryos from a known or anonymous donor. In case of Surrogacy, a gestational carrier — a woman who has an embryo implanted in her uterus — might be used.

Your chances of having a healthy baby using IVF depend on many factors, such as your age and the cause of infertility.

Best wishes, World Center of Baby
https://www.worldcenterofbaby.com

Hello. I am so sad for you. I know this must be a hard time for you. IVF does not work for everyone.
Your chances of having a healthy baby using IVF depend on many factors, such as your age and the cause of infertility. Surrogacy lets you have a baby and that would be carried by other women and that is surrogate. So it guarantees you a baby.

Good luck and sending you a cloud of baby dust!

Best wishes, World Center of Baby
https://www.worldcenterofbaby.com

Angelica, how are you? I hope you're good. You raise a very good question. IVF is normally considered a better option than surrogacy. Maybe that's because in IVF you conceive yourself. However, in surrogacy, you're dependent on a surrogate. Maybe, people do not see that as something nice. It's crazy, it really is. We're in 2019! People still frown upon surrogacy. It's a blessing, to be fair! It's helping people get over infertility. I really wish people would stop looking at it in such a negative way. All these methods are supposed to help. Thank you for talking about this! It was really nice of you! Good luck with whatever you choose!
Sign in to follow this topic