Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Info on egg/sperm donor conception

Info on egg/sperm donor conception Lock Rss

If anyone is interested in finding out more about donor conception SBS Insight have a program next week as follows:

“MAKING BABIES” will be broadcast on TUESDAY MAY 30th at 7.30pm on SBS. Repeated on Friday at 1pm and Monday at 2pm.

Overview:

At a time when infertility in Australia is on the rise, donor conception is increasingly becoming an option for prospective parents. But sperm donors are concerned about possible legal complications, and egg donations and surrogacy are rapidly becoming expensive commodities, with an international market now operating. Can we regulate the business of baby making when it’s happening elsewhere?

Coming soon to INSIGHT we bring together donors, donor conceived children, parents, and fertility experts to discuss the increasingly complicated ways families are being formed.

You all seem like a very fertile bunch so don't imagine would be seeking a donor yourself but perhaps might be interested in donating.

Kim, QLD, seeking egg donor

Hi Kim,
I just missed the sbs show i am in the position of being lucky to have 2 babies thru ivf, i have just been told i need a hysterectomy and have 10 embryos that i dont know what to do. I cant destroy as they are embryos a start of a possible baby and am very unsure about donation as they are 100% my husband and i and i just worry if these children go to school with my daughters would would happen. Did they mention embryos.
Good Luck with your journey I know it isnt easy.
Take Care
Sue

Sue, Vic, Mum to keira & Tahlia 18/10/2005

Sign in to follow this topic