Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sister trying to conceive Lock Rss

Hi everyone
My sister and her husband have been trying to conceive for almost 12 months now with no success. Her doctor told her that when they have been trying for longer than 1 year they will start doing some tests. However they didnt really give her any information on what these tests involve or what they do to her. Her husband has already been checked out and he is fine.

So I guess what I want to know, is if anyone can give me me some sort of idea as to what she should expect when it is time for her to get tests done. I love my sister very much and really want to help her through this time and be as supportive as possible.

Thanks for any help
Renee
Hi Renee,

I think she will probably find that the first thing the doctor will want to do is establish that she is ovulating by doing a blood test and possibly an ultrasound to have a look, she will also be expected to be charting by taking her temps, from that point if they dont find anything they may possibly want to put dye in her tubes (under general anaethestic), just to make sure there is no blockages but they will start with all the simple stuff first !!

I hope this helps and i also hope that she is pregnant very soon !!

Sarah

Declan 7/12/04 & Taryn 25/4/07

Sign in to follow this topic