Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Planning a baby at the age of 38 Rss

Hi there I would love to get peoples thoughts or advice on trying for a baby at the age of 38. I have 2 beautiful children age 18months & 14 years! I would just love to have one more little darling but obviously I am worrying about my age.
Regards, Gill

Gill MichelleSW

hi
my mum had my sister when she was 33 and my brother when a few years later. i dont mean to scare you but she had really bad pregnancies.she ended up in hospital with my brother because of her thyroid and really bad morning sickness. i dont really remember much else.
on a brighter note our neighbour has just had another kid at 37 and she had a really good pregnancy.
anyway good luck with what you chose.

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

Hi there Gill

So many women these days are having babies at an older age. A friend of mine who just turned 40 had a baby earlier this year. She had no problems whatsoever during her pregnancy and gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

Of course, the risks do increase with age but I say if you feel you are physically and emotionally ready for another baby then go for it!!

Good luck with your decision.

M2G

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi

My sister in law was 38 when she had her first child and then 40 when she had her second child. Both children were healthy and mother was fine. Go for it!!!!

ale

Adina, ACT, 4 years and one on the way

go for it! i would love another one i am 39. a friend of mine had her son at 38. my sil was 45 , all the best for whatever you decide

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

This post has been edited by the moderator.
I am 37 and have 3 children aged 17,13 and a baby of 8months. I logged on to get some infomation on age gaps between babies because we would love another one.I am not the least bit worried about my age I think having another baby will just bring more love and happiness to our family.The doctors were really great with my last pregnancy so health wise I feel that we will be fine.
Hi,
My mother had my sisiter when she was 40yrs.. I'm 27yrs n my sister is 8yrs...
My mother didn't have any problems while carrying but when she was in labour she really had a hard time. Having given birth to 4children,the 5th was the hardest for her.. But then again she was 40. Your 38 so i think u stil have time to have another one, goodluck

melb,vic....2yr old boy

Sign in to follow this topic