Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sick of Disapointment???? Lock Rss

Ive just got AF again after 8 months of trying - month after month of disapointment. There is so many mums on here who have one child and are trying so hard for number 2 or even 3 - how are the women like me who don't even have 1 getting on? Im so worried now that maybe we can't have children and thats why its taking so long. when did others get tests done? or try something over and above just trying??? I never thought it would take this long and im so down about it now, i feel like it will never happen. Any advice would be so welcome.
Hi Polly,

My heart goes out to you and I hope your disappointment turns to joy soon.

Are you ovulating? If you're not sure, it might be worth getting tested. They can do a simple blood test around Day 21 of your cycle which tests your progesterone level and this level indicates whether you've ovulated or not. Hubby and I were TTC for 18mths before we went to a Fertility doctor and it turns out I wasn't ovulating. Like you, we just kept trying and trying and feeling disappointed over and over again. In hindsight, the problem was reasonably easy to fix. I had a dye test done on my falopian tubes to make sure they weren't blocked (can't remember what it was called). It wasn't pleasant, but the results were clear so that was good. The doc then started me on Clomid. After three months the tablets I conceived and am now due on 18 August.

Most doctors won't test you until you've been TTC for 12 months, but I'm sure someone will help you out! Just tell them you've been trying for 12 months - it's only a difference of 4 months after all!

Best of luck. I really hope it works out for you.
Jen

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.c

Hi,
Sorry to hear you have been TTC now for some time with no results, yeah I'm sure it would be hard as you haven't even fallen once yet, so I know you must be feeling really down.

I took 8mths to fall with my 3rd this was the longest it had ever taken me and I visited the doctor to see why etc she told me they would not do any tests until we had been trying for 12mths and then if we had to go that long they would then check to see if I was ovulating first etc but luckily it didn't come to that for me, I fell in that 8th month but only with the help of an ovulation kit as this then told me when to try it was so accurate and I fell straight away, I wished I had tried it alot sooner than what I did as I use to get so depressed with every AF that came!!

Have you tried an ovualtion kit at all? As even if you dont' fall on one at least you know if and when you are ovulating which will really help. And like they always say its best to relax and let it happen, I know its hard not to think about it all the time but you basically got to tell yourself that you are not trying and then with your mind and body relaxed it may just happen for you as stressing only makes it harder to fall.

Hi Polly12
Hubby and I have been TTC#2 for just over 12 months, and know the disappointment only too well. We had a miscarriage in 2001, then took 10 months to fall pregnant with our son (nearly 3). I would probably agree with the pp's about ovulation tests. You can get some home testing kits from the supermarket. I think for a lot of the medical testing etc, the magical number is 12 months. Hubby and I are about to start on the weekend - our Doctor is sending hubby off for the sperm count/motility test. Apparently it is a much easier, quicker and simpler process to test the guy first and rule out men's fertility issues than those of women.
Anyway, best of luck and may lots of Baby Dust rain down on you......

James' Mum

Sign in to follow this topic