Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Abdominal pain in early pregnancy Rss

Hi,

I am 26 years old and I am 7 weeks pregnant with my second child and I am not sure if I should be concerned.
After a 25hr labour with my son I had an emergency cesarean.
I am feeling pain on my right side. It feels like a ligament pulling as it is not a constant pain. I am already having trouble fitting into my clothes around my waist. the pain can be sharp at times but it is more so really annoying. Should I be worried about an ectopic pregnancy????
Hi Connersmum,

I really don't know the answers but time is crucial with ectopic pregnancies. If it is the embryo is still growing and the worse case can be the removal of your fallopian tube and then 50% less chance of a natural pregnancy.

I wish you all the best,
Hopefully it is just a ligament that will settle down soon,
Keep us up to date,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Belinda,
I was told you can experience period like pain for the first few months whilst pregnant. If it continues I would go to the doctors as I had a burst ovarian cyst at 9 weeks and they thought I was having an ectopic pregnancy. Very scary couple of hours, but the pain involved with the burst cyst was the worst thing I have ever experienced.
I too had a Ceasarean birth for Ella. The internal scarring could be causing the pain, but I would definitely get it checked out.
Hope all goes well.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi Connorsmum,
You definately need to get this checked out, to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.
At around 5 weeks into my pregnancy I was experiencing period pain like symptoms, but no period. I was on my honeymoon, and thought 'that would be right' (I had gone off the pill hoping to fall pregnant straight away) The pains were like severe cramping with some belly swelling. It lasted for around 6 days & when my period didn't come we did a pregnancy test.
Also, a friend who had a c-section has got scar tissue which is causing her pain, especially when she bends over. She was advised she would need an operation to remove it, or wait until she has her next baby and remove then as part of the caesarean procedure.
I hope it all goes well, and its not something serious. Let us know.
Thanks to everyone that replied. I went to see my Dr and she assured me that evrything is fine. She also thinks that it may have been a cyst bursting as the pain has now disapeared altogether. She took a blood test to make sure the HCG levels were rising enough (this is a way to rule out ectopic) and they had risen from my first test of 65 to 22589 in 2 weeks. I am seeing my OB on the 22/9/03 where I will have an ultrasound to put my mind at rest. Thankyou again for all your help. I will be in touch after my OB visit.
Hi connersmum,

Great news, goodluck with your OB appointment. Hope you enjoy a stress-free pregnancy from now on!!

Tepe

Hi All,

I saw my OB this morning and we have a baby with a heartbeat in the uterus. I have been confirmed to be 9 weeks and the baby is very active. It looked like a jumping bean. I have to have another scan in 2 weeks as there is something else on the ultrasound and he is not sure if it is the placenta or another baby (??????)

I am so happy that we have a nice strong little bean in there.
Hi Connors mum,

What great news! How exciting, maybe twins? You'll have to keep us informed again!

Tepe

Sign in to follow this topic