Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

HELP!! TRYING TO CONCIEVE Lock Rss

I have a 14month son (which tooke 5 months to concieve) and we r trying to have another but this time round my periods r all over the show they can be any where from 25 days to 35 days between them.
I have bought ovulation test stripes but they r costing a fortune as i dont actually know when to test.

ANY ADVICE ANYONE WITH SOME PROBLEM!!!
we are hvaing trouble to concieve too so sorry cant really help you here been trying for a long time now.

good luck

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi there,

I don't have the same problem as you and wouldn't have a clue how to use the opk. If I were you I would perhaps make an appt with your local GP to get some additional info etc. They should, at the least know when you are suppose to be testing.

I can understand how you are feeling, it took us 5 years to have Jack, we eventually had to have fertility treatment. We have just had a failed thaw cycle and now have to start from scratch again.

Good luck and i think you can get the testing strips from the BellyBelly website a bit cheaper, but unfortantly the main site is down atm. If you log onto their forums page a moderator may be aboe to help you with purchasing the test strips.

Jo

mum of 1

hi kirsty,

you are supposed to test 2 weeks after your periods, for 5 days.

Don't stress, as this can be affecting your periods being all over the place. And since you have already had a child, if you relax a little, you should be able to achieve your goal.
I know what it feels like, although i don't have any children ( need fertility treatment) which i will probably be starting next year.

my thoughts are with you and your family

natalie

natalie, NSW, 14/12/04

Hi there,

I think the best thing you can do is relax and don't stress. My hubby was very keen to have children and i wasn't so sure. When i finally decided that okay we'd give it a go, i stopped the pill and left nature to it. I tried not to think about it and figured that if it was going to happen it would. I was lucky enough to have only one period after coming of the pill and then discovered i was pregnant. Now 20wks and can't wait.

So enjoy the time with the child you have and relax, there is no point getting yourself stressed, as it'll reflect on everyone else and your cycle.

GOOD LUCK!
Hi Kyle's*Mummy,

I'm in a similar situation to you, i don't know when my periods are coming either.

At 1st they were regular after i had the contaceptive implant taken out, but now they seem to be all over the place.

It's so disappointing finding out month after month that i get my periods, knowing that i haven't been able to fall yet.

What's more frustrating is not knowing when i'm able to conceive.

What i would like to know is, why do we have to be trying for so long before the doctors will even suggest getting checked out to see why we're not falling pregnant.

Anyways, i wish you and everyone all the best, and good luck !

smile

Kylie ~ DS 7yrs, DD 4th Oct 05, DD 18th Sept 06

we started trying to conceive with no 2 when my first little girl was 10 months old. It was not happening and I could not understand why seeing as I already knew that I had had a baby. (my first pregnancy was a 'surprise'). I was keen to try and fall straight away, as I wanted to have both children close in ages.
I went to see some naturopaths, ones which did iridology, and I went to a few till I was happy with one. I ended up finding a herbalist which I am very happy with, she gave me a mixture of herbs to take 'just to help things along'.
I was told because your body has "been through the stress of childbirth" (I don't mean that in a bad way) and then you are running around looking after a child, your hormones can be a bit out of whack and just may need a little helping hand to get things back on track.
I conceived two weeks after taking the herbal mixture after trying for 6 months. I now still continue to see the herbalist and she gives me different herbs to take for what stage I am at in my pregnancy. I must say, I do not know if the herbs have made a difference, but, this pregnancy has been so much better than my first one - very little morning sickness virtually.
Good luck and just remember to relax - a good book to read (or browse over) is the billings method. (website prev mentioned) It goes into detail about when the possible time is for you to conceive in that month, and how you can predict it by observing your own body.
Hope this helps.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

hhmmmm
a naturopath or a herbalist sounds good.
how do you know where to find a good one??
do i just find 1 in the phone book???
and are they expensive??

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi, we're also trying to conceive at the moment ... I've been having a few very early signs so fingers crossed! I just wanted to mention for those of you that have irregular periods and want to know when you ovulate, discharge is the next best indicator (gross I know, but its true). When the discharge resembles raw egg whites, this means you will be ovulating in around 24 hours. Also, with the ovulation tests ... I got a heap off of Ebay from Fertility Naturopath, I got 10 Ovulation strips and 12 Pregnancy tests for $16 (inc post) which saves ALOT of money as you can pay $12 just for 2, so just go to ebay and search for 'ovulation tests', They're also high sensitivity ones which means they can pick it up much earlier than others on the market.

Good Luck!
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

Sign in to follow this topic