Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

breastfeeding and still no peroid Rss

My husband and I want to have anther baby asap. My little girl is 10 and 1/2 months old and I still haven't got my peroid, I am breastfeeding her. ALot of people I have spoken to got their peroid back when there baby was 6 months old. Should I goto the docotrs about it or is it normal?

THanks

Mum to Isabella Lily

Hi
I breastfed my daughter until she was 12 months & for some people that will be enough to stop your periods restarting. Mine didn't restart until she was nearly 14 months (I was also on the minipill which can delay things as well) You could go to the doctors for peace of mind, but it is quite normal. In saying that though lots of women get preg while feeding. Good luck, hope things get back to normal for you soon!

Heidi, NZ, DD apr 05, DS apr 07

Thankyou very much for all your information, at least I can relax now.

And Congrats on your next baby

Mum to Isabella Lily

oh my god, i think you guys are all so lucky that you didn't get your periods back for a few months, and kristin i think you have nothing to worry about. When I had Lilly I got them back straight away and I have got my period back, even though I only had the twins 2 weeks ago.

Alice x x x

Lilly,6/ Paige,14mnths & my angel Maddy-SIDS

Hello Kristen,

My second daughter is going on 9 months and I'm still breastfeeding her. I would like to fall pregnant in the next few months but still have no sign of my period as well. I fed my 1st daughter till she was 12 and a half months but cut down her feeds to 3 a day at 8 months as she was eating more solids and a month later my period returned. Two weeks later I concieved daughter number 2. I've cut my second daughters feeds down to 4 a day and am hoping my period will return soon as I'd like to start charting my temps so we can try and concieve a boy this time.

Good Luck, I'm sure you will be pregnant soon, as I hope I will be to.

Emeilia 24.06.04, Holly 13.12.05 #3 due 21.11.07

Hi Kristen I have a daughter who is 15 months old and she is still breastfeed at night time and I still havent got my periods back but I do get pains in my stomach when they should be coming I think that your body choices when you get your periods back and if you are worried than go and see the doctors to make sure everything is okay.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

hi, am am bf my 7month old and still havnt got my periods back!! thank goodness , thoughg i am getting pains like they are thinking about it. I didnt get mine back till about 8 months with my other 2 boys.

Sign in to follow this topic