Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

children close together Rss

gday, i gave birth to my first born little girl 8 weeks ago, my husband and i had discussed having our children very close together, i was wondering if anyone out there has had their children very close and how you may haved coped both phsically and mentally or emotionally if you like?

woohoo we did it!

Hi, I personally don't have children close together but my husband and I have considered it also. I also would be interested in knowing how people cope with a young toddler and a newborn.
Thanks for your reply, I guess it would be interesting to find out other mum's opinion's on this topic, You would think that a forum having close to six and a half thousand members some one would have had children close together that could share their experience for interest sake... But hey, it's just a forum why would anyone want to send a reply post!!! Thanks again, your time is appreciated.

woohoo we did it!

Hi

Well I don't have two close together yet but I am pregnant with #2 and there will be 15mths between #1 and #2 which I am excited about. I can understand why people prefer a bit of an age gap between their kids but I personally have always said I wanted two kids and two close together. My partner ideally wanted 18 mths between #1 and #2 but I was more fertile than we gave ourselves credit for.

Me and my sister are 15mths apart and then there is another 18mths between her and my next sister. My mum said the first two weren't actually that hard, it was having the third so close that made things hard. We all grew up so close cause we always had a lot in common being similar ages. I think a lot depends on your first baby and if they are a good sleeper etc and also the amount of support you will have.

Good luck in whatever you decide. I thought I was the only one mad enough to actually want two kids really close in age LOL.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Thankyou so much for your reply, it's really good to get another opinion on this topic, after all it is a life changing experience.

So how have you found it being pregnant with a little one, I only ask as I had severe morning sickness with our first child!

Hey I dont reckon your mad, I'm sure there are plenty of good thing's to come out of having children close together both for the parent's and the children.

Thanks again, all the best, Kris and baby Charlie

woohoo we did it!

Hi 2 of my girls are 15mths apart, it has it's ups & downs same as any other gap
+'s they play together most times, you are use to broken sleep, can room them together, first few years they can wear others grown out clothes then when same size can wear each others
-'s when 1 has tantrum other does at same time, when older they can fight about friends (was my friend 1st), having 2 toddlers can be very trying at times
Basically I would descibe it like having twins so if you think you could handle twins maybe for you. I love raising them together but is hard at time's

mum to 5

G'day, Thanks for your reply.

You have mentioned a few thing's that would'nt have even entered my mind, it's appreciated.

Just out of interest if you don't mind me asking, what kind of affect did it have on you and your body? as in being tired, patience, weight gain or loss? did you breastfeed? sorry about the 20 question's, I don't mean to be rude.

Thank's and Take Care, Kris and Charlie

woohoo we did it!

Hi again,20 questions fine lol,
Weight gain wasn't to bad but to get rid of after was harder than when I only had one (8yr gap between 2 & 3). I think this is because I didn't have the time to excerise etc. (no truth be known I was lazy lol) Yes I breastfed both but #2 weaned herself while I was preg as milk changed I was about 4 mths preg & she just refused milk 1 night sad
My patience was tested to limit somedays exspecialy while shopping. Even now they can test me as they go though their teen years, seems they have testy days together than it is run for cover. In all honesty I would do it again.
My eldest is 20 soon & has a 20mth & 3mth. She is finding it very tiring. She has put bub on bottle as she isn't coping with the strain of toddler & bub. Toddler is very active and doesn't have naps during the day. She also is finding weight loss not as easy and that her body is more tired this time. She had problems during preg as well doctors told her because she had them so close.
Hope this is of some help to you smile

mum to 5

Yes it is, Thankyou very much, your time and advice is very much appreciated, it's great to have people around with such good insight on different topic's.

Thank's again and Take Care, Kris and baby girl Charlie

woohoo we did it!

Hi there,

I just thought I would tell you my situation. I have two girls 12mths apart and then #2 & #3 are 23mths apart. My youngest is 6wks old.

I have found it hard when they fight over everything, but otherwise it is ok. Basically you are already doing the things with your first child that you would need to do with the second. You are already changing one nappy so whats another, etc.

I also found that it was best if I had my day organised, not everything goes to plan, but it helps if you have planned what you want to do in the day. e.g what games your going to pklay with the kids & for how long. When is lunch time and rest time etc.

It is like having twins with my first two, but they are also really good friends too. I wouldn't change having my kids close together for anything.

I found that the weight was harder after the secong to come off, but once the 2nd child was 1 and running around, I found it started to come off then and I also started exercisng more then too.

Good luck with your decision.

Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Thanks Danielle, Take Care, Kris and Charlie

woohoo we did it!

Hello my name is Toni and i have an 11 month boy Cory. Me and my partner are trying to get pregnant now so there will be roughly a gap of 21 months between the two. Initally i thought it was too close but i always said i wanted a close gap and with my son being a placid litle boy who not only sleeps throught out the night is fantastic during the day sometimes you forget he is even around so the choice was alot easier. We are just getting the top two teeth which is a bit hard to deal with only purely because you dont know how to sooth him. But they are nearly out. We are truelly blessed with such a well behaved little an that having another one so close is so exciting.

DS 21-04-04 & Due 16-11-06

Sign in to follow this topic