Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Menstural cycle returning after bub

Menstural cycle returning after bub Rss

I have a 7 month old daughter and about a month ago I suddenly decided that it was time for the next bub. My husband was excited because he already wanted to start trying earlier. The thing is my menstural cycle hasn't started again after my first pregnany so I have no idea when I will begin to ovulate. I am still breastfeeding and want to continue for as long as I can. I know everybody is different but can anyone shed some light on what the "average" is. Can anyone share when their's returned. Thanks

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Hi,
I was still fully breast-feeding when at 4 months my period returned. My milk supply diminished after this & I have returned to a regular cycle. This seems to be the pattern in my family based on my mum's & grandmothers experience. I have had to put my baby on formula due to a reduction in my milk supply. My M&CHN tells me that it is possible to continue to breastfeed right up until the birth of your next child. Best wishes, I hope all goes well!
Hi Rachel,

I think it is all about luck of the draw! Some women concieve soooo easily, even without a return period, and others may take longer than a year after the first returned period!

Best of luck,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi desertgirl, I understand your dilemma but would have given anything to go that long without my period. I too got mine back around four months after my daughter was born and then my breastmilk reduced too. I've just conceived again recently, but have been having my period for about 6 months now. Its up to your own body and mother nature. If you are really concerned maybe you should see your GP. Goodluck smile Maddys Mum.
Hi Desertgirl,
when I had my son my period returned 4 weeks after delivery and with my daughter at 7 weeks. A lot of women don't ovulate when they breastfeed, I was discussing this with my doctor today, she said that the breastfeeding supresses ovulation in some women. Maybe you are one of those people. I would have a chat to your doctor about it and see what they have to say.

Cristie, SA, boy 18/04/01, girl 22/05/03

Hi All, thanks for replying. Well Mother Nature has finally been kind and my period has returned (yesterday infact). I never thought I would be so excited to get it back! Now 14 days and counting until "O" day. Let's hope my cycle will return to it's former "by the book" 28 days...................

Hi there desertgirl,

Had to say congrats and goodluck! smile

I wish you all the best and please keep us posted on how things go.

My daughter is 13 months old now and I am 12 weeks pregnant with my 2nd bub. I have just started showing and am pretty excited about that!

Hope to hear some good news from you soon.

Fingers crossed... Michelle smile
Thanks Michelle - I will let you know............11 days and counting!

Look forward to hearing from you in about 11 days.

Goodluck smile
Sign in to follow this topic