Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. my best friend is ttc after two miscarriages

my best friend is ttc after two miscarriages Lock Rss

Hi,

My friend is 34 she has an adorable little girl who is five and over the last three years has been ttc. She has only fallen pregnant twice and both times ended in miscarriage.

Her husband is less than supportive. He refuses to go for tests. As their first child took them 18 months to conceive, he felt embarassed having to go and have his sperm tested. It came back normal. So now he feels there is no point in doing it again.

I feel so guilty that I have no trouble falling pregnant - although I know it is really only upto mother nature and god in the end.

I feel so helpless - she is the sweetest kindest most loving mother - and it breaks my heart to see her face every month. All they want is one more. But it doesnt work.

How do I help her? She is my best friend and I am powerless. Her spirit is crushed and she still grieves for the babies she lost. The first was at 9 weeks in Feb 2003 and the second was May 2004 she didnt even know she was pregnant the second time around.

What do you do when your husband what go for tests?

Megan
Hi Megan,

I hope you are still here. I too suffered 2 miscarriages. (Sept 04 & just recentley March 05 ~Matthew~ @ 18 weeks) My heart goes out to your friend. It is hard when her DH won't go for tests. I am not sure what she should do about her DH and getting tests done.

I just wanted to say that if she needs to talk to anyone that has been through similar circumstances (re m/cs) and TTC I know of a fantastic site she can go to. I know it has been a godsend to me.

If you like you can email me @ [email protected] and I will give you the address.

Take Care

Karen, Vic, Nicholas 26/10/02

Sign in to follow this topic