Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Has anyone who has had the implant or the injection having problems trying to conceive again???

Has anyone who has had the implant or the injection having problems trying to conceive again??? Rss

hi my name is narelle. i have an 18 month old daughter. we've been trying to conceive another baby for a year now. i was having the injections i only had three. one every three months they are. and i've not been on ANYTHING for a year. was wondering if anyone else is having trouble or anything??

bombababenaz yahoo chat
kodeybear@hotmail.com msn chat and email addy
melancholynaz aol chat

please contact me via the three things above.

narelle

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

to answer your question........
i havent had the depro injection, but i know quiet a few people who have and two of them have been trying to fall.... one has successfully it took her approx. 10months (she had had three injections)
my other friend was on depro for the past year and a half and is really struggly......
both had had children before and could not see anything wrong with their system or their partners..... I DO THINK IT IS FROM THE INJECTIONS.... but the doctors wont say so... i find it to be a little suspicious

I didnt get the injections (Depro) i got the Emplanon rod ......
i dont recomend that for anyone....... everyone i know went through hell except one person.....
yet i dont think it has reacted with my system ... but i only had it in for 1 month and a half so possibly that wouldnt take affect.........
thanks for your reply. its made me feel a little better.

Thats ok ..... keep me posted i hoe things turn out alright......

Remember this saying:::::

Those who are trying to have seem to not,,,,,, those who forget about it fall at the drop of a hat....
Just wanted to say, I have the implanon, and have had no problems at all. I think it's fantastic! I have also been told by my GP that I should be able to fall pregnant again quickly after having it removed.

Andrea
Hi there,

Im Kylie, 26 from Erskineville/Sydney.

I myself have got the implant. I've had it in for about a year and a half.

Personally i think it's been the best contraception i've tried so far....except that it contributed towards me gaining weight a little.

In less then 6 months i will have it removed...and hopefully fall preganant again.

In saying that it has worked for me, i know it effects people differently... as does every other contraceptive method.

Ive tried all sorts of contraceptives such as: pills, the IUD, condoms & depro provera...only to have complications or really undesirable side effects.

Like falling pregnant on the pill, an allergy to latex condoms, urinry infections and incontenance with the IUD, and serious weight gain on the Depra Provera..... but the Implant has proven to be the best for me so far.

Anyway, i wish you all, all the best ....lol, hope i didnt go over board with the details tongue

Take Care

Kylie ~ DS 7yrs, DD 4th Oct 05, DD 18th Sept 06

HI Narelle,
Your not going to like me... It took me 18months to fall prgnant after my last injection.
I too, had only had 3 of them. When I first started with the injections, I was told that as soon as they were stopped I could fall pregnant again. Then after we had been trying for 6 months, the Doctor told me differently, and said it could take up to 3 years.
I guess because everyone is so different, they probably don't really know.
I also had a lot of trouble with my menstrual cycle and severe headaches for about 4 months - so whether that all plays a part or not - who knows?
All the best to you and your partner.

Sheree, mum to 2 plus 1 on the way (dd 31-5-06)

hi went to see the doc the other day for a routine check up pap smear and all that. i asked about ttc and he said if we are not having any luck in the next few months he will give me something to bring my periods normal again and we'll have better luck. i am so happy

hes a great man,

I hope it is going good with the Doc.

And yes everyones system is different and reacts differently.......

WISHING YOU LUCK
thanks. i actually dont need the doctors help i dont think. i got my period a few days ago so that means my body is getting back to normal. never ever again will i have the injection unless i dont want kids...LOL

thanks for you words of help, encouragement and information.

it has been much appreciated.

HI Narelle,
I was on depo for 4 years, talked into it by a doctor after an accidental pregnancy when I was 14. I stopped the depo at 18, had no periods for 18 mths. When they came back, they were irregular at first then became more regular. I was so pleased, coz I was really starting to think I couldn't have children. I used no contraception at all, and it took me 18 mths after I got my periods to fall pregnant with Maya.
I guess what I'm saying is it seems to take time, but it does happen. All the same, I would never go on the depo again, because I feel like I had less control over my body when I was on depo, because I culdn't just make it stop working when I wanted to.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

well i've just had my implant taken out, so i will let you know how i go with falling pregnant ....once it happens smile Till then take care smile

Kylie

Kylie ~ DS 7yrs, DD 4th Oct 05, DD 18th Sept 06

Sign in to follow this topic