Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Has anyone who has had the implant or the injection having problems trying to conceive again???

Has anyone who has had the implant or the injection having problems trying to conceive again??? Rss

Hi all,

Well its been over a month and a half since i had the implant taken out, and i got my periods back within a month. So it took me no time at all to get back to normal.

At the moment, i want to observe how regular my periods are, and maybe in July/August try to conceive again (*fingers crossed).

Would love to hear from other women that have had the implant, and are trying to conceive as well.

Honestly i would have to say that the implant "implanon" is the best contraception out there by far. I may have gained a little of bit of weight, but definately no other side effects at all.

For an odd $20 (or $3.50 on concession) i would suggest this to anyone, especially since it covers you for upto 3years.

Kylie smile

Kylie ~ DS 7yrs, DD 4th Oct 05, DD 18th Sept 06

Hi Everyone...

Well it's been about 5 months since i've had the implant taken out.

And it's just over 2 months ago my hubby and i have been trying to fall pregnant.

No luck as yet...as i just started my menstrual cycle a day ago.

I know it's early days yet... but seeing as i have fallen pregnant so easily 2 times before...

...i was dissapointed that i hadn't fallen this time sad

But hey i'll keep yas posted!

(fingers crossed)

Kylie

Just wanted to share my great news!

Yes... yes..we're finally pregnant!

Only just found out today!

Due on the 10th of October this year.

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Don't know how i'm going to keep the news quiet at work, or with my family...as i want to get to 2-3 months before i tell everyone.

Best of luck to everyone else, hang in there!

It's just a matter of time !

Kylie

Hi Kylie!

I was about to reply to one of your previous posts, then read the rest..CONGRATS!

I had Implanon for 5 years, and we decided to try for a baby. My Dr had told me that she hadn't really had any patients who had come off it and tried to fall pregnant, so she wasnt too sure of how long it would take etc...

Well...I had Implanon removed in late September, got my period in mid October, and am currently 15 and a half weeks!

I also agree that it would be the best contraception I have ever used, and will definately be getting it again, after this bub!
Good luck!
Tina grin

Tina, mum to Jake, Tylah & Jayden smile

Sign in to follow this topic