Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Conceiving Twins Rss

Hi everyone,
For the past two generations on the maternal side of my family, twins have been conceived at 29 years of age. I am sure that this is coincidental but I would love to hear of others experiences & thoughts. I have a singleton & am hoping to conceive in the next 18 months or so ( I will be 29).
Anniesmum
Hi Anniesmum

I too have twins in my family, on both the maternal and paternal sides. I don't know how true this is but I heard that they skip a generation, which may be the case because my Nanna had 16 children [the first and last pregnancies were twins] and my other Nanna had a twin pregnancy as well. None of their children had twins, but my younger sister has a set of twin boys, and I myself may be having twins too; the thought however scares me silly. I'm 29 at the moment so who knows what may happen? I already have three children so a set of twins isn't really what I'm hoping for, but then, what you want and what you get are often two very different things.

Amanda, Sydney, baby # 4

Non-identical twins appears to run in both sides of my family - every second generation on my mothers side (my generation is the next one apparently).

On my fathers side, my grandmother had girl-boy twins and the girl twin had non-identical twin girls!

I'm pregnant for the first time so eagerly anticipating that scan!

Tarns

Hi Amanda & Tarns,

Thank-you for your replies! I also have twins running on both sides of my family & on both sides of the family on my husbands side. They are a mixture of identical & fraternal twins. I am unsure of the age (of the mother at conception) on my husbands side of the family.

I would love to hear when you find out if you are expecting twins or not!
Best wishes,
anniesmum
Sign in to follow this topic