Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Emergancy c-section Lock Rss

Last year i went into labour on the monday on thursday my son was born by emergancy c-section we lsot him for a min.

I was hoping to talk to mums who have had a c-section then the second one a normal birth.

Me and my partner are trying for our second one and i hated going through the hole c-section and was hoping to do it normal the second time. I was just wondering how people went and was it ok for them to have a normal after a c-section

TTC a baby girl
https://www.facebook.com/Homemade.by.pamela

i havent had a normal after a c-section i have only had one baby! and it was a c-section, but my doctor told me that i can have a normal birth after a c-section. she said if you have 3 c-sections you cant have a natural birth (well not normally)
but i have the same idea as you, i hated having my c-section it was the one thing i didnt want to have, and when i had it i was so sore... i ended up with a wound infection a week later with alump the size of 3 tennis balls! i had to be admitted back into hospital and on antibiotic drip again! so i really hope my next one will be natural!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Hi

I had a VBAC after my first baby was born via emergency c section and it was a wonderful experience to be able to have a vaginal delivery.

My first labour went for 40 hours before they decided on a c section. I was fully dilated but due to posterior deflexed position my little girl was not coming out any other way. She was distressed by that point so they wanted to get her out asap. The labour pains were unbearable and so intense I vomited and I was given every kind of pain relief possible.

My second birth was the complete opposite, my labour went for just under 9 hours and the pain was only bad once I got to about 5-6cm dilated and contractions were 2 mins apart. I wasn't sick this time and I was only given a little morphine so I could relax between contractions. I had to push for about an hour and a half and I had a partial third degree tear but only because my baby was born with her fist next to her cheek. She is a big time thumb sucker and I bet that is what she was trying to do during the delivery!! Although I had MANY stitches because of it, I would go through it all again in a second. It was the most empowering experience. I felt good knowing I had some control over the delivery and I recovered very quickly.

I struggled over the decision to attempt a VBAC and I had some encouragement from people and some negative comments from others but in the end it was my decision and I made an informed one too. I did a lot of research and spoke to the midwives and doctors at the hospital.

My second baby was in an ideal birth position. I have been told that if the next one is posterior I will be advised to have a c section.

I hope what I have said encourages you a little. I highly recommend attempting a VBAC!! Ultimately though it is your choice what you feel is best for you and your baby.

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Sign in to follow this topic