Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. miscarriage, how long to wait to try again??

miscarriage, how long to wait to try again?? Lock Rss

just wondering how long after a miscarriage you should wait before trying to have a baby again??
HI Janey,
Sorry to hear that you have had a miscarriage, were you very far along? I had a miscarriage in Jan 2003, I was 10 weeks at the time, I ended up having 2 curettes done within a month of the miscarriage as had a few problems. I asked my doctor how long before we could try again and the doctor told me you should wait at least a month (basically have a period in that time before trying again) but I actually gave myself 3mths before we decided to try again and then it took a couple more months for me to fall pregnant again and I actually fell pregnant 2 days before I would have been due to have the baby I lost born and I went on to have a healthy baby boy last year in May. So good luck to you for when you decide again, was this your first pregnancy, it is never easy to get over, I still think about the baby I lost alot especially when it gets around to the due date and also the date I lost the baby they are always still a hard time for me. All the Best
Hayley

Sign in to follow this topic