Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Don't want to hear it anymore Lock Rss

Does this just happen to me? Looking back, ever since my son turned 1, people keep asking me when the next one is coming. I used to just brush it off and laugh and say "not for a few more years", as we want to have our next when our lil boy starts kindergarten or prep, and then have a third one 2 or 3 yrs later. But lately, I swear, it seems everywhere I turn people are debating me on this. The other day at the supermarket, the checkout lady asked and when i told her "not for a few more years", she said "oh no that's bad, it's not good to have them far apart, they won't grow up together". Another family friend kept bugging me about it on the weekend: "i wouldn't recommend that, it's not good for the kids". All of the mums at the playgroup are also nearly due and say similar things. I feel pressured. I am only 24, and I want to get this one on track - he doesn't sleep at night, still breastfeeds etc. Why is it so bad????. My husband and I each have 2 other siblings and we are all over 4 yrs apart and have no problems.

Vaccines: Question what you're told...

Sadly you are not alone with this however you need to do what feels right for you if you want your kids further apart then thats just fine. And for goodness sake you are only 24 you are certainly still young enough and shouldn't feel pressured to rush. Also you are the one who has to live your life so really the opinions of other people are irrellivant, stick to your guns and do what you want because it is your life and your family not theirs.
unfortunatly this happend to me straight after i had the first one! even in the cards we got given when he was born some said - when is the next one due! we cant wait!
kayden is only 6months old and i still get people asking when are we going to start trying again. it feels like there is enormous amounts of pressure on us, to WANT to have another one. Even if we arnt ready for it - know what i mean?

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic