Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy

Planning for Pregnancy

Bays mum

Blues about unsucsessfully TTC2

Hi im new here but have been reading the forum and finding it very useful so i thought id post a ...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
squashed_frog

How reliable are shop bought tests?

Hi I was just wondering how reliable are th shop bought tests? has anyone bought one and got a +...

2 replies

After i got a positive result on a home test, te doctor ddint even bother checking it again... not even in the blood test he took! H...

El

best diet while ttc

Hi everyone if anyone has any good tips on what sort of diet is good while ttc would be handy. I ...

1 reply

Folic acid is a definate! Go & buy the blackmores pregnancy & breast feeding tablets, they are also for pre conception & you have 2 ...

giddyupbaby

trying after curette

Hi Girls, was wandering if any of you could tell me when is it best to start trying after a curet...

3 replies

Hi all just wanted someones opinion on something... i had a currette on the 27/03 and am still bleeding and rather than ease off and...

giddyupbaby

Getting preg at 37 yrs old

Hi girls , l am trying to fall pregnant at 37, did fall in feb but miscarried at 7 weeks. Now l h...

1 reply

Hi Danielle, Sorry to hear you miscarried in February, I really hope you can fall again soon and go through okay to have a baby. T...

jess2

two or three????

Hey ladies , i am mum of one at the moment and hubby and i are planning on number two now. i just...

1 reply

hi jess2, I had my third boy on the 29 jan 06, I found it easier this time round no baby blues , I am coping ok no more flat out th...

mermaidsx3

using my ovulation microscope...

Hi everyone, I recently bought an ovulation microscope and it was working great. Very clear and I...

2 replies

hey !! Well if you are talking about the thing I think you are talking about it it called a Maby Baby ??? I am a Pharmacist assist...

clarebear83

getting pregnant and irregular periods

Does anyone have any advice for people who have really irregular periods that are trying to have ...

4 replies

I had irregular periods for years and thought that it might be the reason why me and my husband wern't concieving, turns out it was!...

Microscope or thermometer...PLS HELP!!!

Hi anyone and everyone.. just wondering if anyone had advice or used either an ovulation therm o...

1 reply

Hi Megan, Saw this post and couldn't help puttingmy two cents in... Basically neither method are fool proof but both are worth a sho...

AmbersMummy

IVF??? help needed???

Just wanting to talk to someone about IVF the costs and thier experience?? please help.. have jus...

3 replies

Hi, we had modified ivf where i have all the needles and tablets for about a month then when ready to ovulate my husbands sperm was ...

Tessamum

Still trying to get pregnant

My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant now for a good two years. I am 42 and so we kn...

2 replies

Does anyone want to reply to my post yet? Thanks.

jeroco

Will next pregancy be any better?

Hi there I was hospitalised from 28 weeks until I gave birth by emergency caesarian at 37 weeks....

tp030254

any tips on increasing chances of falling pregnant

hi all, just wondering if anyone has some tips on falling pregnant the second time round. we hav...

3 replies

sorry i dont have any other tips than those mentioned. but i just wanted to add it took us 13mths to concieve with our 2nd daughter....

Sasm

Worreid about secondary infertility

Hi Everyone !! I was just wondering if there were any mums out there that are a little worried a...

1 reply

Hi I have two daughters, one is 8 and the other is 3. My first daughter wasnt my husbands but my 3 yr old is. We were trying for 11...

mishy

women pregnant/trying to conceive 35+

Hi! If anyone would like to join in and discuss the above it would be fab! What do you other 35 p...

2 replies

Hi, I had my first child at 30, she is now 10 yrs old. My marriage failed not long after I had her and so no more children. Then I m...

KellieAndShaunMummy

Falling Pregnant While Breastfeeding

Hi, I am just wondering how many woman out there have fallen pregnant while still breastfeeding &...

1 reply

Hi Belinda I fell pregnant with my second daughter while breastfeeding my first. She was 8 months old at the time and having 5 bre...

quickasucanbaby

planing for 2nd but already have one 9mths old help

Hay there i already have a fab baby girl Ella she is 9mths old andmy partner and i always said we...

1 reply

Don't worry, you find the time and the love! It just seems to happen. Having them close is a bonus in that way because they both sti...

SarahnGordon

Need as much help as i can get

After many discussion's with my partner we have decided to start trying and see what happens. How...

2 replies

It certainly is possible to get pregnant as soon as you come off the pill (Mum tells me I am proof of that!!) However, it is easier...

Period cycles changed after stopping pill

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my irregular periods!! I stopped the pi...

2 replies

I'm pretty sure the pill can't actually 'stay in your system'or continue to work after you've stoppped taking it. Maybe you should m...

clarebear83

pain in breast

last night my partner and i were "having fun" and in the middle of it i got this really sharp sho...

2 replies

Hi, I haven't experienced exactly what you describe. However with this pregnancy I have already had a cyst removed from my breast ...

Sasm

TTC #2

Hi Everyone, Just thought id start a new post about TTC as i dont know anyone on these posts an...

3 replies

hey i might sound dumb but what do you mean by TTC#2

Daisychick

alcohol before discovering you're pregnant

Hi all, Im new to this & i just wanted to know if alcohol consumption before you realise you are...

2 replies

When we were trying to conceive I stopped alcohol until my period came and then drank until we tried again. My understanding was th...

Bastysmum

TTC with a 40 Day Cycle...

We have been ttc for 3 cycles now, well this is our 3rd cycle trying, I have a 40 day cycle, but ...

jade21887

Wanting to talk to other mums with kids close in age

Hi, I have a 6 month old daughter and we are going to TTC for no 2 in the next month or so. I'd l...

5 replies

Hi Jade Good luck TTC. There is just under 15mths btw my boys. It really wasn't that expensive having the second. We borrowed a ...

Daisychick

How soon can i do a pregnancy test?

Hi Im just wondering how soon i can do a pregnancy test? TOM is due till next wednesday so is the...

1 reply

hi daisychick, Anywhere from 10days after you ovulate is a fairly good time to try. Not all hpt are accurate, some woman like a par...

When the doctors dont tell you enough.

i am 5 weeks with my calculations and went to the dr today to confirm he said i was 8 weeks expla...

2 replies

HI KASEY, THAT DOES SEEM A BIT LONG TO WAIT AS SOON AS I FOUND OUT I WAS PREG I GOT HOLD OF A MIDWIFE AND WAS SENT FOR SCAN...

Q2

TWINS- 43 IVF would like 2 children, decided now to have twins.

TWINS- 43 IVF would like 2 children, decided now to have twins. Views please on safety of pregna...

3 replies

Hi I have 6mt B/G twins who were born at 31w + 5d by caesarian. As an older mother of twins you need to prepare yourself for the p...

Marksmum

New to forum

Hi everyone I have just found & joined this forum. I have a 19 month old son and we are ttc #2 ...

1 reply

Hi Bernadette Welcome Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. I hope you ha...

i'm a total newbie to this....

Hi everyone, I have been reading through some og the recent posts and think all you girls do suc...

2 replies

Hi girls, Hows it all going? My partner are ttc as well. So far so good. Now im on the ttw, what a nightmare. I hate this stretch...

buttercupsmum

PCOS & PCO

Hi to all Just doing a bit of research into polycystic ovaries & polycystic ovarian syndrome. I a...

1 reply

Hi buttersupsmum, I have been diagnosed with PCOS but i do not know where it come from no other women in my family had problems with...

mermaidsx3

I'm going MAD!!!

I am going sooo mad with this two week wait. My partner (now ex) and I were trying for bubs #2 at...

1 reply

Hi Sara, I think you do have a chance of being pregnant even though u didnt do it on day 14, if you are sure you ovulated on day 1...

StaceyD

When to have the next baby??

I guess some people ask themselves this question other's not!! But i guess i'm asking the questio...

2 replies

hello as soon as you feel you are ready is the time to start speaking from experience i found it qui...

Boy~Boy~Girl~Boy

old wives tales!!!!

About to give birth in just under 3 weeks to our second little one and already talking about get...

3 replies

Hi i dont know of any but if like me and extremly fertile Releasing 2 or more eggs i guess have lots of sex to fertilize all of you...

One week late and still negative

Hi All Its so frustrating playing the waiting game. I am now one week late and still negative. ...

2 replies

Hi JNA... I am NEVER late either (well, was late once and that was when i was pregnant with DD!!) and i was late last period cycle....

shadysbaby

Could I be Pregnant??

Bot 3 weeks before the end of feb my rigth breast started getty really sore (plus tension ,burn...

1 reply

Hi, the symptoms you are getting sound like you could be pregnant and even though you got a period doesn't mean you might not be as ...

tracie

think im preg

im late and we have been told that you can fall preg using the pull out method is this true ?

1 reply

If it was the right time of the month and he has strong swimmers anything is possible. He doesn't have to come for you to fall preg...

Tummy upset with bowel movements

I have had a bad tummy for approx. two weeks now. Sometimes it feels like gastro and then other ...

1 reply

that is pretty much my very first symptom of pregnancy with all my babies and also a snuffly nose like i'm getting a head cold!!

Home Pregnancy Tests - how reliable are they

AF is 5 days late, my first month off of pill - TTC #1. I usually have very noticible symptoms 3-...

4 replies

I don't rely too much on tests or blood tests until approximately 6 weeks after conception. I have done the home tests and got nega...

Sasm

Pregnancy after implanon

Hi everyone ! I was wondering if any of you out there have used the contraceptive implant and go...

1 reply

hi there, i had the implanon in for about a year, it wasnt my choice to have it in it was my mums, she just didnt want me getting p...

tankdgirl

What did you buy?

Question for all. What was the one thing you have brought for your baby and now couldnt live wit...

1 reply

I ahve a few things probally very coomon things though not sure LOL The first thing is the plastic contianers which has 3 sections ...