Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy

Planning for Pregnancy

catherine shell

conceiving a girl

hi I was wanting to here from anyone who has tried conciveing a girl by tracking there cycles or ...

7 replies

*bump*

Second Miscarriage, Water broke at 4 Months.. huh?

Has someone ever suffered two miscariages with their water breaking (Really, really early <4 m...

2 replies

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriages, I have also been through the same thing so can completly understand you worrie...

lovebeingmum

Can you choose the gender??

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me, we want to start planning for our 2nd baby i...

2 replies

i have 3 sons so not the best person to ask but thre is a book i cannot remener the name b...

antoinette

i do want one

i would love another baby but in my first pregnancy everything went well till he was born i was m...

4 replies

my mum had that same problem. she produced alot of milk and it caused her alot of pain as my little brother wasnt feeding as much as...

Fisher

Am I pregnant

Hi Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have had 3 pregnancy test in the last 3 weeks but all ...

7 replies

for me it was like, as soon as we sort of gave up trying i got pregnant. i dont mean we stopped physically trying but we stopped tel...

tmestar

Maybe Baby!

I have been given a maybe baby from my sister who used this to concieve her daughter! But i have ...

3 replies

Hi girls, I'm very interested by this natural method of timing contraception etc. When I can afford one I am going to get one. I fou...

stina81

does anyone know about missing the pill and getting pregnant?

Hi guys Well just wondering if anyone could help me with this issue! Well i am on the mini pill "...

1 reply

Hi, You could always take a home pregnancy test if you want to know. In the past I have mucked up taking the mini pill but not got ...

firefoxy

A whoops pregnancy

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has or knows of someone that has become pregnant accidental...

1 reply

Hi Yes I knew some who got pregnant that way! Go and get the test! I had similar pains to you when I first fell! Best of luck.

Mitzy81

baby on the way!

after 8 months of trying we are finally pregnant! we are so excited and cant wait! altho i said '...

2 replies

Spinky, How did you go at the doctors, did you end up getting a blood test done to confirm? Hope all went well for you.

good_bub

Wanting 2nd...........but too scared

Hi, i already have a 9 month old girl, and i want another baby but..... im to scared of going thr...

1 reply

Hi Shelly, I had high blood pressures in both my pregnancies, my 1st was the worst I had it high throughout and was on medication t...

Mitzy81

6wks for a positive reading?

Hi everyone, I was just reading through, and i noticed there are quite a few people who have sai...

1 reply

Hi Spinky, I always found the Dr's test much more accurate. So it is good that you are going for one. I heard that not all pregnancy...

**pink~elephants**

Wondering if any one else has been on the depopavira contraception and how long was it before you got ur cycle back?

i have been off my depopavira contraception since april this year and have waited the 6 months u ...

2 replies

hello my cycle was back to normal after about 4mths, & i think i fell pregnant about 6.5-7mths after i stopped depo. hope this helps

Rebecca J

sex of baby in relation to conception time

hi just wondering how accurate it is when u concieve baby in relation to what sex the are. i have...

2 replies

hi rebecca, the concept of this is that the 'female' sperm live longer, are more hardy, but swim slower. where as the 'male' sperm...

hchety

TTC no#2 w concerns

hi there all, i'm new to this particular board, have posted on baby & communities though. i alrea...

3 replies

Hi, if you are worried about the irregularity of your period a trip to the gyno can't hurt. I also have very irregular periods and t...

Mitzy81

Pregnancy test brands

does anyone recommend other brands of pregnancy tests over others? i would be interested to hear ...

1 reply

Hi Spinky, I have to say for me it didn't matter. With both my pregnancies my husband bought the tester and his version of a reliab...

Mitzy81

Rubella

Hi everyone, My partner and I are trying to fall pregnant, and I have just realised that my rube...

1 reply

I had a rubella jab when I was 15, I am now 37, when I fell preganant they did the blood tests for Rubella and I had very low immuni...

Ashleesmum

Trying for a boy??

Hi My husband and I have two lovely girls and would like to give ourselves every possible chance...

2 replies

Hi Kristi I am currently trying for a girl and I 'feel' like I am pregnant, although the test came up negative, but it did that wit...

Princess~Leia

hard to fall 1st time how long for 2nd baby?

hey guys, have been a bit slack on the exchange and havent posted anything for a while. But was t...

2 replies

Leia sweetheart, Keep your chin up! It takes as long as it would take a novice archer to hit a target with a bow and arrow! Don't st...

*renee*

second child?

just a quick question wanting to know how old your child was when you had a second child?

5 replies

hi there, my daughter will be 1 month off 2 1/2 when bub is born due in about 4 weeks. I think under 2 is to soon and over 2 1/2 is ...

ebz0027

BABY KICKING

hi all, I am 19 weeks pregnant with my first. I am 19 years old and very curious. How do I know...

3 replies

Hi Girls, I'm 27 weeks pregnant! I first felt the baby kick at about 11 weeks and at that time it was like somebody else mentioned -...

tmestar

Wish me luck!

I have been trying for the past few weeks for number two bubs! And have been feeling slightly off...

1 reply

Hey Good luck Toni, Let us know how you go, just remember if you aren't just try again, we are starting to try now too for our 3rd, ...

working-mummy-of-2

Could i be having baby number 2

My first son it took us over a year to get him and now we was trying for number to only about 2 m...

2 replies

I would take that as you are pregnant. when I did my first preg test samething happened to me and I just naturally assumed that I wa...

working-mummy-of-2

Emergancy c-section

Last year i went into labour on the monday on thursday my son was born by emergancy c-section we ...

2 replies

Hi I had a VBAC after my first baby was born via emergency c section and it was a wonderful experience to be able to have a vaginal...

firefoxy

Don't want to hear it anymore

Does this just happen to me? Looking back, ever since my son turned 1, people keep asking me when...

2 replies

unfortunatly this happend to me straight after i had the first one! even in the cards we got given when he was born some said - when...

janey

miscarriage, how long to wait to try again??

just wondering how long after a miscarriage you should wait before trying to have a baby again??

1 reply

HI Janey, Sorry to hear that you have had a miscarriage, were you very far along? I had a miscarriage in Jan 2003, I was 10 weeks at...

Mum2Gabriella

Has anybody used an Ovulation Predictor Kit when TTC?

Hi ladies Just wondering whether anybody has used an Ovulation Predictor Kit when TTC. Did it w...

3 replies

Hi, We to have been usuing one (The Fortel) to try and fall at the advice of my Gyno. But so far we have had no luck getting a readi...

snowy

TESTING PREGNANCY

HI EVERYONE JUST NEEDING SOME HELP. IS IT TO EARLY TO TAKE A BLOOD SAMPLE TO TEST FOR PRGNANCY 1...

2 replies

hi, my friend went and had a blood test 4 days before her period was due and did 2 home preg test and they all came back Neg & got v...

Kirash28

Anyone else having no luck trying to conceive ???

Hi ladies! Hubby & I have been trying for #2 coming up to 12 months now still with no luck. I'm s...

9 replies

Hi everyone .. well just thought I'd drop in & let u know WE'RE PREGNANT! I did a test this morning & yep .. it's positive! making u...

jessica21_nz

Am I pregnant?

Hi everyone! With my daughter Emma I had no idea I was pregnant until I went to the doc beacuse ...

7 replies

we think dec or early jan... I'm three months now.... Our first scan is on 1st july so looking forward to that!

pedro

first signs of pregnancy

Did anyone think they were pregnant immediately after they conceived? If yes, how did you know? ...

1 reply

Hi Pedro. You sound just like I was 2 weeks ago. I am now 6wks pregnant with our 2nd baby and I could tell I was after one week!! ...

Jayti

Baby Shower...need help!

Just wondering if anyone can help.... My friend has organised a baby shower for me next weekend...

1 reply

Problem solved! .

pedro

2.5 or 3 year gap?

I don't want to have number two until the first is out of the cot and hopefully toilet trained. ...

4 replies

Hi, i am having the same problem - i had a c-section so i know i have to at least wait a year to start trying and dont think i would...

Mom2B

Difficulty conceiving due to past eating disorders

One of my friends has been trying to conceive for the past 8 years without any success. When she...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
jessica21_nz

they made a mistake with my blood test!

in the last message I mentioned that my blood test was negitive. Well the doctors ring yesterday...

Mom2B

Hospital Bag!

Hi.. I'm the type of girl who can't handle being disorganised! My boss at work has been bugging m...

1 reply

Sami - firstly if you did the antenatal classes at your hospital they should have provided you with a list. Are you going public or...

jessica21_nz

possative unine test but neg blood!

I've had two unrine test that are possative and the doc agressed that yes I am pregnant, I alread...

mummyslittlegirl

my best friend is ttc after two miscarriages

Hi, My friend is 34 she has an adorable little girl who is five and over the last three years ha...

1 reply

Hi Megan, I hope you are still here. I too suffered 2 miscarriages. (Sept 04 & just recentley March 05 ~Matthew~ @ 18 weeks) My hea...

Lozza83

How long has it taken you ttc?

How long has it or did it take you to conceive your child/ren??

22 replies

It took us 3.5 years to conceive our baby boy. We had several cycles of fertility treatment, I fell pregnant then had a miscarriage...

Louise K

Falling Pregnant after a Curette

Just wondering how long it took for periods/cycles to return to normal and how long it took you t...

11 replies

Hi Louise. I hope you are still checking this post and with any luck you may be pregnant by now! I also had a miscarriage last Apr...

When will it happen?

Hi, I am currently trying to fall pregnant with my second as my son is 13 months old. Just wond...

8 replies

hi dont i know how that feels, just trying to conceive our first baby was hard enough it took us 2 years - then finally when we had ...