Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy

Planning for Pregnancy

icemaiden

really sore chest pain/ribs

hi all ummm is it normal at 28weeks to be experiencing severe chest pain in the ribs (mainly on t...

6 replies

hi i know that this is a kinda old post but i have a comment to add i had the same problem but on my left side and down my arm. i r...

vkw

should I ?

i would like to have anothre child no4 but hubby but so keen i have even considerd just stopping ...

8 replies

hi kathy my pack of pills is about to run out so i might do whst u did tell him that its up to him to do something about it if he do...

melis

Ideas of clothes to wear until you are really showing

Hello Everyone I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and only 1 pair of my jeans still fit me! I hav...

12 replies

Hello, Well thought that i would let you ladies know that i went shopping today - it was actually for a baby pressie for a friend ...

icemaiden

hes already in my pelvis?

hey people today i had a visit with my midwife ,she examined my bulge and said that i would like...

4 replies

Hi Cherie, I understand how you are feeling, being in a very similar position & a first time mum too. I'm 35 wks tomorrow & my littl...

Chelby

Has anyone done the taknig your temp thing to get pregnant?

Hi i am wondering if anyone has taken their temp to see when you ovulate. how much does the temp...

5 replies

I didn't do the temp taking to actually get pregnant, but did do it to confirm that I was actually ovulating. I did it for about 6 ...

Considering having a third child

I have two daughters aged 19mths & 4mths, for about a month now I have been constantly thinking o...

13 replies

we have 3 young sons the oldsest was3 days off 2 & ahalf so for while it ws 3 under 3 . you manage as you have to!

icemaiden

how big SHOULD i be?

hi all, paranoid me again .I'm 5 months pregnant and hardly have a bump everyone keeps telling me...

13 replies

Hi, I am 6ft tall and a thin build, currently 64kg, and didn't start looking noticeable till I was about 5 months with my 2nd at 5....

melis

2nd Pregnancy just had my first scan

Hello Everyone Just wanted to share with you all that we had our scan today and all is well baby...

3 replies

congrats to you all about your babies we are trying still but thats another story.. LOL i didnt know what trisomy was i had to look...

Nervous about Baby Number 2

Hi, I have a 2.5 yr old son who I and my husband absolutely adore. He is the centre of everythi...

14 replies

Hi Tepe and Michelle, It's amazing how your emotions are so up and down the second time around! I'm hoping that eventually I'll be...

melis

2nd Pregnancy! yip eh!

Hello I am pregnant with my second child due in march! so far this pregnancy is so different fr...

9 replies

Congratulations to Mum78, Wishing you all the best with your 3rd pregnancy! I have 2 little ones 19.5 months apart and it's not tha...

kookymom

scared to be pregnant again!!!

Hi, I had a horrible 1st labour, sort of easy pregnancy once I got over the all day/nite vomittin...

5 replies

Hi, I have just found out I am pregnant with my 3rd! I am both scared and excited! I think I am only scared because on being in t...

icemaiden

ITS A BOY!!!!

i got my ultrasound last week wow what a buzz turns out i'm having a boy anyone got any nice name...

4 replies

Wow...great news! I am still struggling with that decision...on whether to find out or not! I always found it easier to pick a boy...

melis

Waiting to have scan

Hello Everyone this is my second pregnancy and we have our scan in 2 weeks (I am 11 weeks pregna...

10 replies

Hello Jasmine I am so happy for you that everything is going well with your pregnancy that's awful that you had a miscarriage I h...

Enigma

When should I expect to be visibly pregnant?

I was wondering this as I had my first son nine months ago and still have a jelly belly from that...

11 replies

I wasn't noticable till I was in my 6th month with my first adn with my 2nd I wan't noticable till I was in my 5th month. Meaning.....

vkw

ttc a girl

i hve 3 boys and am contemplating trying for a girl , does anyone know of any thing to increase ...

12 replies

I forgot to mention in my previous post that of 260 women who followed the diet they had an 80% success rate. the reason for the su...

Enigma

Maddychelle

Hay how are you doing hun? you cant be far off delivering your wee bundle now? I hope your feelin...

34 replies

YEAH MICHELLE, Congratulations to you and the family, hoping you are getting lots of sweet dreams, Tepe

Ashleesmum

Planning no. 2 - What to buy?

Hi Everyone My husband and I are planning to start trying for number 2 in a couple of months tim...

9 replies

Thankyou everyone for your replies! You have given me a lot to think about. Just letting you know that I have just discovered that...

jo79

Baby Bonus

Gotta say I was glad to hear of the $3,000 baby bonus and family benefits coming in for new mums ...

18 replies

Hello again I forgot to mention Centrelinks web site has a online calculator, The site is www.centrelink.gov.au you click on the onl...

Butaflie_dreamer

Is it safe to use a second hand matress?

Hi all, Well, my concern is this. I would like to know if anyone has used or is planning to use a...

15 replies

Because I am asthmatic, dust mites and dust are an issue for us. Whether or not the mattress is second hand, consider using a mattre...

Planning to have baby no 2

Good morning to all, Just wanted some ideas and the do's and don't's of trying to fall pregnant....

4 replies

hello saf, hope all is well? i would like to add to not forget your partner make sure not to many smokes or grog. i thi...

catherine shell

how to conseive a girl

just wondering if there is anyone out there who has tried or read the books on conseving a girl, ...

4 replies

I just thought I would add to everyone elses comments that I didn't really care what sex my kids were but I did keep track of when I...

Enigma

Hmm...Pregnant again!

Ok so I have just found out Im pregnant again. I am happy but a little weary as I have a 9month o...

27 replies

Hi Rhiannon, Glad to hear things are improving for you. All is well with me, just anxious to meet my little boy due this month! I h...

ashleigh

do you think 20 is an acceptable age to have a child?

Im 18, soon to be 19 and my partner is 29. He and i do want to have kids. We have thought about i...

29 replies

Hey I was 21 when my twins were born, I don't think that there is anything wrong with being a young mum as long as you are prepared ...

roy

Folic Acid and other stuff

Hi all, Can Anyone help me out here? I know that I should be taking folic acid before I fall pr...

5 replies

Good point Catherine, about hubby, and the stress of trying to conceive. Considering it took us over 12months to get there first 2 ...

Enigma

How much folic acid?

I am currently taking a womens multi that has 300mg of folic acid but have heard conflicting advi...

4 replies

Hi enigma, It's 400mcg of folic acid which is recommended. Blackmores 'Pregnancy and breastfeeding' tablets cover this and are grea...

melis

Trying for 2nd, period was regular now irregular

Hello Has this ever happened to anyone? For ages my period came ever 28 days, and last month it...

2 replies

Hi Melly, Stress and diet are just 2 things that can affect your cycle... if you are concerned you should speak to your doctor. Usu...

MARIAV

Endometriosis

Hello Ladies, I am writing on behalf of my sister, She has been trying for a baby for almost 3 ...

5 replies

Hi, My cousins wife has it bad and after they were married she thought she would go off her pill as the doc said it will take a num...

melis

Maybe Baby Ovulation Tester

Has anyone ever used a maybe baby tester or something similar? Just wondering how successful you...

6 replies

i used one when trying 4 no2 after about 6 months of trying i also used the hormone testers a bit like prgnancy tests using urine bu...

Tarns

How do you know when you're feeling the baby move?

First time Mum @ 17wks. My midwife said last week I should start to feel the baby move soon bu...

17 replies

Tarns, Forgive a pregnant fool - you are not due August 1st, are you? You meant you are having your first bub in August... Oh, wel...

will have 2 under 2

hi guys just wanted to let you all know that i went to the doc's the other day and found out that...

9 replies

I also have two under two my girls are exactly 15 months apart Rivalee born 29 Dec 02 and Madison 29 March 04. Its going to be a ch...

What is a good age gap?

I am thinking of having a second child and was wondering what a good age gap is. I was thinking a...

12 replies

at 3 the older child can help out a bit i had 3 under 3 the oldest was 3 days off 2 1/2 when i had no3. you will manage as there is...

home pregnancy tests?

hi am just wondering how far you have to be for a home pregnancy test to show up if you are pregn...

3 replies

u can buy some that show up earlier than others i just got them from woolies .

icemaiden

it wont be starving will it??

hey all i'm reall paranoid,for the last 9 days i have had a bad flu and been unable to eat i have...

14 replies

as the other posts said the baby gets 1st prefernce and will be fine . maybe you can stomach soup or smoothies ?

mummyto1

When is the best time to concieve?

Hi all I am getting married in November and I was wondering what is the best time to concieve (i...

4 replies

you can buy tests to see when u are ovulating . threre is one called maybe baby its a like a microscope that you put a bit of saliv...

melis

Pregnancy Test Positive now negative

Has this happened to anyone? I did a home pregnancy test on thursday and it was positive, then y...

4 replies

Hello Jo I do think the egg just didn't fertilise properly the bleeding is like my period thanks for your help hopefully next mont...

ULTRASOUND REVEALED!!!!!!!

Im having a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just needed to share with all...... its a boy!!!! a beau...

9 replies

hi maddychelle, so u must have gotten married on the saturday-we married on the sunday the following year-we picked that date for 2...

magoo

tick tick tick!

I am a 36yr old single mum with a 3yr old. I have never wanted my child to be an only child howe...

3 replies

This is a tricky one to say the least... I can understand you wanting any future children you have, to have the same father, but is...

Tarns

Question re Carry Cots

Just would like your thoughts on this one as I'm a new mum to be and don't really know what's wor...

2 replies

Awesome! Thanks for the advice.

scorpion

signs and symptoms of being pregnant?

hello everyone, My son is nearly 8 months old and I beleive that I'm pregna...

13 replies

hey sandra, well i ve got a 5 months old correct at 9weeks and when i found out i was pregant i had sore boobs, still got a period.....

Jas

Breastfeeding & Pregnancy

I have an 8 month old son who I plan to breastfeed until 12 months. My husband and I also want to...

6 replies

Hi Toni Thanks so much for sharing. I'm not sure if Lachlan is already weaning himself now. He has 3 solid meals per day - and he ...