Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Sharp pains! Rss

Has anyone else had severe sharp pains in the top of their legs in the latter part of their pregnancy.
The pains are so bad they double me over and i cant walk! The only thing that is keeping me sane is they are very sort and quick.
There is no pattern to them and i can get them even when i'm not moving!
Antenatel appointment tomorrow, they'll know!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

sounds like you are having practice contractions.. i had very bad burning pains in my inner thighs and i was told that it was caused by branxton hicks contractions.. hopefully the antenatal clinic will help!!
good luck

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

Hi, when my mum was pregnant with me she was a very petite lady and me being a 10 pound baby i used to move and this would push on the nerves in her legs, giving her sharp pains similar to what you are describing, this would also cause he lose her balance and she had to get of her feet!!
I thought that maybe this would help
I have only just had my bub and towards the end of my preganancy developed this exact symptom my ob put me onto some calcium magnisium tablets bought from your local supermarket or chemist Caltrate and to this day no pain.
Also i know this may sound funny but put your legs up and relax once in a while also standing on cold surfaces with no shoes on can also help
Hope this is of some help to you you can only ty hey.
megs!
Sign in to follow this topic