Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

No weight gain in 6 weeks- 3rd trimester. Rss

Hi all-

I'm a bit concerned as I am now 37 weeks pregnant, and I haven't gained any weight in over 6 weeks. There have been concerns over the size of my baby, but scans have revealed he is small, but growing, so I'm not meant to be worried. The little tyke is very active too.

I eat normally- I always eat if I'm hungry, and have been trying hard to increase my protein. I know at many hospitalsd they don't even weigh you at every check-up, but I can't help but be concerned.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have only put on 4-5kg this pregnancy so far...2 in the first 20 weeks, then none till about 24 weeks (when i had a 2 week holiday in NZ and managed to put on 3) and then thats its. I think with a toddler to run around after its harder to put it on.

i talked to my midwife about my lack of weight gain (and small bump...its heaps smaller than with DS) but she's not concerned...

As long as you are getting plenty of movement I wouldn't worry.
Hi Ellie,

Its probably not very reassuring to you, but I hardly put on any weight in the last few weeks.

Hi,

I'm not as far along as you But I have only put on 1.8kg, since I had alittle extra weight still from my last 2 pregnancies that I hadn't lost (i put on 27kgs first time round lost about half then put it all back on second time and couldn't lose it as bubs was only 5mths when I fell preggas again) the DR said as long as I keep my fluids up and eat a balanced diet then if I don't put on any weight not to be concerned. She said to expect that there'd be some weight gain in the last few weeks, but when I weighed myself last night I had actually lost 200grms. So I wouldn't be worried as long as your eating the right foods and drinking the fluids, plus bubs is moving I wouldn't be to concerned
I put on 2kg total in my pregnancy and that was in the last two weeks, if your midwife isnt worried dont be. My midwife just said "your lucky, what you dont put on wont go to your ass later on" lol that cracked me up.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I gained all my weight during the first 20 weeks and none at all during the second twenty weeks.

I went from being told to expect my baby to be VERY BIG to suggestions that she may actually be underweight! Yet she was born a healthy 7lbs 9oz.

I wouldnt worry too much.

Katie, VIC, Aaliyah Kaylee born 28/11/06 & Mikayla

Sign in to follow this topic