Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Playing Sport while pregnant Rss

Hi all

I am 12 weeks pregnant and I have continued to play touch football one evening a week. It didn't occur to me to ask my doctor if it was appropriate for me to play this game whilst pregnant until a co-worker mentioned it to me. My next doc appointment not until next week. Just wondering if anybody knows of any reason why I should'nt play or when I should stop.

Kellie

Kelly,

As far as I know, the reason why they tell you to ease off the sports while pregnant is, besides the obvious ones like contact sports (I was heavily into kickboxing when I found out I was pregnant... Had to stop straight away) it is because when you exercise your core body temperature rises and that is bad for the fetus. It can retard the growth I think and not sure about what else, I just know you aren't supposed to get too hot. They usually recommend swimming, as it keeps you cool while you work or walking, yoga, pilates etc.

If you are running, (which I imagine you are in touch footy) then you definately should ask the Dr if it's safe.

Hope this helps...

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

Visiting Melbourne, tourists will learn about the past and present of the most beautiful Australian city, and then admire its stunning panorama from the observation deck of the Rialto Tower. This building is an achievement of modern architects vsconseils com, but from the 250-meter height, the ancient quarters of Melbourne with houses of the past centuries and green parks are perfectly visible.
Sign in to follow this topic