Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Keeping Fit & Healthy during Pregnancy
  5. How many weeks before they can detect on Ultrasound

How many weeks before they can detect on Ultrasound Lock Rss

Hi there just wondering does anyone know how many weeks you have to be before an Ulterasound can detect a baby I would have been about 4-5 weeks based on LMP date approx and they said they could not detect sac or pole yet urine and blood tests came back postitive they said it could have been to early. but I am concerend for the baby.

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Yes it can be too early.. although with my son i saw him at 4 weeks.. But in previous pregnancies its hard to find anything before 6 weeks.. I have also had internal scans that have failed to pic up pregnancies before 6 weeks....

Good luck.

Fe, SA, Zaine 4yrs, Jake 04/05/06

I have achieved both my pregnancies via the IVF program and the earliest they can perform an ultrasound is 6 weeks and 4 days. Hope this helps and good luck.

Hey myrtle,

This is my second pregnancy but first child as my first pregnancy was eptopic.

With this pregnancy they picked up bubs as early as 4-5 weeks but with first one I was 8-9 weeks and they didn't pick him up and told me it was a phantom pregnancy it wasn't until a few nites later when I was rushed to hospital in agony they picked it up in one of my tubes - it had aborted itself coz they can only grow so much in the tube before the tube ruptures (which can be very serious to mum) -don't freak out or anything I am just telln u my storu so you may wanna ask your dr for more info... or check on internet for symptoms, better safe then sorry I say.

I will pray for you - good luck with it all

samantha, perth, 1st time mum-2b

Sign in to follow this topic