Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Renni Lock Rss

Hi everyone

I was at my obstetrician's a couple of days ago and on my way out noticed a poster for 'Tums'. It said that it contains no aluminium or magnesium, and I assume because he has a poster up for it, it must be safe. But best to check with your doctor or pharmicist to be sure.

Take care
Jasmine
Thanks for your comments guys - actually, just reading over this again, I thought of something that I should of mentioned earlier - I read somewhere on this site a while back that bananas are good for heartburn - I recommended that to a friend (the one who suffered from the aluminium mylanta and is now about 35 weeks pregnant) and she raves about it (the bananas) she reckons that bananas work fantastic for heartburn. She said that what she does is blend it up with some ice-cubes and a little bit of milk and has it just before a meal, or whenever she is feeling heartburn symptons - so - maybe that is another idea to give that a try first - I intend on giving it a go when I need it again (presently 10 weeks pregnant with 2nd).

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

i have been told different information about things like panadol, i was taken to hospital a couple of months ago(bad chest pains) and the ambulance officers didnt want to give me asprin but as soon as i got to the hospital they gave me asprin the other thing was is that i had a xray and no one explained the dangers to me and they knew i was pregnant and at the end of my first trimester. different people will always have different opinions.

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

well, at 20 weeks pregnant and having already suffered a few nights of uncomfortable heartburn, I can now say that at this stage, the bananas have helped. The key is, if you are feeling a bit 'heartburnish' after dinner, eat a banana or two (or three) about half hour before bed - gives it more time before you lie down which makes it worse. Has helped for me so far, just hoping it will continue to offer relief as bubs grows bigger later on.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Sign in to follow this topic