Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Rubella?? Rss

Hi everyone - just found out I am preggers with #2. Bub should be due in early Feb - one month before Hamish turns 2! We are all very excited.

But I am a little nervous. Hamish had fevers on Wed, Thurs and Friday last week and came good Sat but developed a rash. I took him to a medical centre and they just said it would be a high temp rash, as did the chemist. So today I took him to our normal GP as the rash is slowly disappearing - but is still very noticable on his face (all day) and his legs in the night/afternoon. My GP said although he's had his needles - it could be Rubella!

My GP was not quite sure but sent me off for blood tests to see if I will still immune. But I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and how they went? They say if I am immune still that my bub should be safe - I'm still a little scared and nervous.

I will try and keep you all updated.

Thanks

Deb

Deb, Edmonton, Hamish 26/03/03 Toby 16/03/05

Hi hamish's mum, The same thing happened to me. Luckily we went to Malaysia, Singapore and LangKawi on our honeymoon which meant they gave me another shot for rubella. 1 year later we decided to start our family. I had just gone off the pill when our neighbour invited us over for a BBQ. They have 2 children so while she was getting things ready I played with the kids to keep them out of the way. I was with them for a few hours, they were sitting on my lap and cuddles etc. Imagine our horror when a few days later she popped over the fence to let me know one of her children had a rash which the Drs thought was rubella!!!! She didnt know of course we were trying to start a family......... I was sick with just the thought. Thankfully I didnt develop anything as I would have been a few weeks pregnant at the time but didnt know it.

Hopefully things will work out for you as they did for us.
Sign in to follow this topic