Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Cervix laser treatment to remove CIN3 Rss

I had laser done on my cervix to remove CIN3. That was one year ago and I was given the all clear at my last six month appoinment.

I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant with my first baby . When I mentioned to my GP about the laser treatment they wanted to know how much had been treated all I could tell them was what I had been told and that was the CIN3 covered almost the entire cervix.

The fact the doctor asked about this has made me worried that there could be problems with my cervix during pregnancy.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has had laser treatment and how their pregnancies went?

Christina

Christina, 29, VIC, Jacob 18/9/06. Alannah 2/4/08

i had 2 cin2 proceedures done but i am not too sure how much of the cervix was done...i am currently 35weeks pregnant...i had a papsmear done when i first found out i was pregnant and that was it...my doctor hasn't said anything since...i have had one or 2 problems (tender uterus)but my doctor hasn't indicated that it is a problem to do with my cervix

Denise 25 Xavier 28.04.06

I also had laser for CIN3 about 6 months before falling pregnant. My doc never seemed worried, nor did she ever ask questions about it! I wasn't able to have another pap until after my baby was born. It was a perfect pregnancy (if you can call any pregnancy that!) and he and I are both healthy.

As you are still in the early stages of pregnancy consult a gyno, they can safely do a coloscopy now to check for any abnormalities. Your cervix thins as time goes on but at the moment it shouldn't have had much stretching.

I am now 9 wks pregnant with no 2 and had pap test at 5 wks. All ok.

There is nothing to worry about if you go the all clear at the last appointment. Just make sure ou have a pap test soon after birth.

Good luck with it all! (And congratulations!)

Bianca, mum to Devon 30/03/05 No 2 due Oct 24!

Hi Christina

I've also had CIN3 cells removed from my cervix. At the time, I was told that they were too extensive for laser treatment and so the cells were actually cut away from my cervical wall. That was four years ago, and last year, the ob who does my six-monthly colposcopies told me that if I wanted any more children, I should probably hop to it as women with a history of CIN3 were often prone to recurrences which result in early hysterectomies.

Needless to say, we 'hopped right to it' and here I am 16 weeks pregnant smile. During the first visit to my GP, he mentioned the fact that I'd had the previous surgery on my cervix and noted that I could very possibly have an 'incompetent cervix' as a result. Now, while I don't know exactly what this means, my doc said that the main concern for women with an incompetent cervix was the high possibility of first trimester miscarriage.

Luckily, we've made it past the 'dangerous' first trimester period now ... but the trick for women in this high risk category is apparently to take it VERY easy for those initial 12 weeks. All the best!

Nicole - WA - Mummy to 2 Girls (16yrs & 9mths)

Sign in to follow this topic