Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

weight gain patterns?! Lock Rss

Hello everyone! Long time reader, first time writer smile

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced patterns in weight gain?

Like for example i read that if you don't put on much weight during the first three months you could expect a huge 'growth spurt'

(do not read johnsons baby book, the silly thing suggests putting on a gradual and even 500grams a month or fortnight or something in a totally unrealistic pattern: not feasible for the female body i think!)

With myself i put on virtually nothing during the first trimester, then a kg a week onwards!

i am 30 weeks (thank goodness! it feels like time stretches!!)
i started at 59kg and am now 69kgs. should i expect a further kg a week?! or does it decrease?

I feel like no matter what i eat or how much i exercise it doesn't change (hospital told me my blood sugar was low. "Does this mean i can eat more chocolate?" midwife: "uh...yes?")

anyway, i would love to hear from mums and other preganacy people because the forums here have helped me so much and there is so little information about weight gain available. i suppose thats because every body is different but still! everybody wants to know!!

best wishes to all!
xx
Niki

EDD 3rd June. 20 yrs old. Sydney

Hi Niki,
With both my pregnancies I lost a couple of kilos in the first 2 months (I had no morning sickness!!). I then put on 5kgs in the 2nd trimester and another 5ks in the 3rd. My doctor originally told me a weight gain of 3-5kgs a trimester is the average.
Sign in to follow this topic