Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Haemorroid Help Lock Rss

Hi,

This is one of those subjects that i would really like not have to talk about but do haemorroids go away. I am suffering due to constipation and i have started to use anusol cream. it says that its just for the discomort though mine are not painful. Is there anything you can get from the chemist to make them go or is it a docters visit ( which i would like to avoid). I had them after labour last time and had the laser thing in hospital but if there is any way to get rid of them i would really appreciate the help. Thanks

Dawn,WA ,Chloe 3.5, Danielle born 17th dec 2004

Sometimes Witch Hazel can help, you can get it from a chemist of healthfood store. It doesn't always work, but can also be used as an astringent, and I find it helps calm a bruise if applied straight after injury. If the haemorroids are painful Calendula cream is a great healer and calming ointment.
The best thing of course is not to get constipated (easier said than done), try adding fibre (psyllium husks in breakfast from your healthfood store), or have kiwifruit (the golden ones are really nice).

Hope some of this helps

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

the only thing that helped me was to drink and drink and drink.

the days when i didnt drink enough water i certainly felt it.

the was a day when i sat on the loo for 45mins cause i was too scared to poo cause it hurt so much.

just remember that you have to drink 3times the water to your fibre intake or it will bind you up with a hard hurty poo

putting cream on you anus b4 going to the toilet can help aslo.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

and no they dont go away.they are veins that have been strained
they get either bigger or smaller depends on your diet .

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

I had them after my labour too. My mum put me onto Rectinol tablets which you can get from the chemist. They have worked a treat for me and as someone else said ... water, water and more water.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hi Loubielou

I had them with my first pregnancy, at first they were just uncomfortable but by the end they were downright painful! I used Rectinol Ointment which worked absolute wonders.

Also, I don't think they go away cos I am only 8 weeks pregnant at the moment and they have already come back!

My mum still suffers with it since she was pregnant with me 25 years ago, I guess it just another one of those things some of us mums get to experience!

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Sign in to follow this topic