Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Losing weight during pregnancy Lock Rss

I was just wondering if anyone can offer some advice about losing weight in a safe way during pregnancy.

I've only just found out that I am five weeks pregnant, and although I am not seriously overweight, According to my BMI Chart, I am on the borderline of being overweight.

Now, more than ever I am determined to get into better shape, to get fit, develop healthier eating habits and lose some of those extra kilos to ensure that I have a healthier pregnancy, and to make it easier for me to lose my pregnancy weight after birth.

My problem is that I'm not sure how to go about it- normally I would cut back on my food intake and start exercising, however I'm concerned that I may not be eating enough food.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any mothers in a similar situation?

Katie, VIC, Aaliyah Kaylee born 28/11/06 & Mikayla

I dont believe it is safe to lose weight during pregnancy... I think you should be on at least 1800 calories a day whilst pregnant, thats enough to maintain your current weight & then the only weight you will put on would be baby weight, I would suggest worrying about losing weight after the baby is born & while you're pregnant just concentrate on eating healthy & exercising.

Ella: 2 years Eden: 1 year

Sign in to follow this topic