Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Rusty water Rss

I am 5 weeks pregnant and the water at our house is very rusty. We are in the process of putting in the new pipes, however should I contiune to drink the water? It may be several weeks before we can get the pipe in. And I am worried it will affect my baby. Thanks

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi

I am not sure what rust can do to someone if they consume it, but if it were me, I would drink bottled or filtered water until the pipes were replaced.

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Hi, I had a quick nosey on the web & a few sites said it is safe to drink because the chlorine is there to kill the bacteria produced, but a filter company said that chemicals put into the water react with rust - who's right?
Personally I would stick to the bottled water, or even invest in a water filter (not a huge expense, over here my one costs about $130 or a water filter jug which you can store in the fridge - my nana brought hers from K-Mart). I ended up buying an electric Sunbeam filter while renting, because whenever we ran a bath the whole house stunk of chlorine, along with there being sediment quite often, I refused to drink water that smelt like that - might as well have been living at the public pools! I found straight away that I could taste the difference between the tap and the filtered water & it picks up any sediment, we still use it now in our own place where the water is much better, but we can still taste a difference.

Arna & Paije (29/09/04)

Sign in to follow this topic