Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Pilates Lock Rss

Hi, I'm interested in finding out about your views on Pilates during pregnancy. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and have attended 3 classes so far. I'm wondering whether I would be able to continue when my tummy gets bigger.

Georgee, NSW.

Congratulations on your pregnacy!! How exciting!
I think its only best to continue with pilates or yoga if it is ment for pregnant women. I was doing pilates for a few weeks, but when I hit about 16 weeks it became to unformfy to lie on my tummy and do all the stretches, I was told by a lot of friends and yoga buffs to stop and find a class that specilizes in preggies. Aparently doing yoga or pilates for pregnant people really helps with the birth! I am yet to join my new class as I work the nights its on!
Good luck with everything! I am 27 weeks now are there is just so much to learn!!
another class to try would be Body Balance. ask at your local gym. i was doing pilates but the instructors suggested that i move to BB as regular pilates works the abdominals a little too much.

BB has varying positions for pregnancy as well

mum to ben 20/4/03, Riley 19/4/05, Megan 15/9/06 &

I currently do pilaties and plan to until 30 weeks. My instructor is pre/post natal trained and gives me all the different moves from the rest of the group.

I also do body balance once if not twice a week and i plan to continue this to term. The instructor is also pre/post natal trained and gives me the alternative moves.

Sign in to follow this topic