Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Keeping Fit & Healthy during Pregnancy
  5. Ended up in hospital because of morning sickness!

Ended up in hospital because of morning sickness! Rss

Hi,

Does this happen often? I ended up having to go to hopsital on the weekend as I was so sick! I had been able to eat for about 4 days or hardly drink and I was so dehyrated and ill! They pumped 2 litres of fluid into me and gave me a shot of Maxolon. I started to feel good again after the first bag of fluid but by the last one I was starting to feel horrible again. I came home though and vomited again, it took me 3 days to recover from being so dehydrated...feeling a bit better now but still not great!
Hubby said....with the best intentions....you have to force yourself to eat and drink...I laughed and said 'sure darling'! If I could force myself I would but there was no way I could!
With my second pregnancy I was so much more sicker than this time and I can't believe I didn't go to hospital then. I was vomiting every couple of hours all day long and couldn't get out of bed or anything.

Anyone else been through this?

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hey Mum78, A friend of mine ended up on hospital with both of her pregnancy. She was put on a drip and injections. She was really sick. She would have to take a bucket with her every where she went.

You poor thing I hope all is well. I hope you have family or close friends who can help you. You really need a fairy god mother to come and give you some extra special TLC.

Fingers crossed you will be feeling better very soon.

Take care
There is a name for extreme pregnancy sickness, 'hyperemesis gravidarum' - don't quote me on the spelling. A friend of mine was hospitalised for weeks due to this condition. She was unable to hold anything down. I think it is classified by how many times a day you vomit and your keytone levels etc. Hopefully you won't get to that point! When I read up on this condition - when my friend had it - it did not have much advice for women to get through it. Mostly just the same advice for all morning sickness. Possibly you could do a search engine search to gain some information. All the best for the rest of your pregnancy. All I can say is that if this baby is causing you so much trouble now, it has to be all out of it's system by the time he/she is born! You deserve the perfect baby! Rest up...and give that fairy godmother a call.

PS My friend did not have the same thing with her number 2.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hi nyrrek, the doc explained all the medical talk to me at the time but I was too tired to take it all in. I think I would have had the severe one with number 2 as I couldn't keep a thing down...not even the stomach acid! I vomited so many times through the day too and felt dead! At least time it's not quite that bad but bad enough I thing!

Thanks Janeen for your thoughts! Here's hoping I am feeling better soon!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

You poor thing. I really didn't have much sickness in all my pregnancies. I feel very fortunate when I hear stories like yours. I can not imagine having to go through your days not being able to keep anything down. I went through the first trimester vomiting, but nothing like your experience. The only other thing I forgot to mention is to keep your teeth clean and healthy. The acidic effect of vomiting is really quite damaging to the tooth enamel. It might be worth a trip to the dentist to see what you can do. Mind you, I think you'd be lucky to get the dentist too get in your mouth without throwing up on him would you?! Just brushing them more often and maybe using a mouthwash can help I guess. Good luck and hope you're feeling a bit better.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

I also ended up in Hospital when I was preggers with Hamish. I was 10 weeks pregnant and couldn't keep a thing down. My Keytone levels were really, really high and stomach acid was all I had to throw up. It was also 2 weeks before my wedding!

I've been sick this time - but not as severe (didn't go to hospital) but from week 8 until around week 14 I had to have Maxalon 3 or 4 times a day and until last week I have been throwing up every morning. The good news is now I'm 17 weeks it has eased up!!

Good luck and try Lemonade Icy Poles/Ice to suck on - even though you may throw them up - some will stay in your system.

Take care

Deb

Deb, Edmonton, Hamish 26/03/03 Toby 16/03/05

i had really bad morning sickness and i found that drinking ginger ale worked really well(and it doesnt taste to bad second time round), my mums friend had it bad too and she found that a glass of cold coke before she got up worked as well.i also had accupuncture but i didnt find it that helpfulo though i have heard it works for some.

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

Sign in to follow this topic