Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Getting too fat!!!! Lock Rss

i gained 17kg with my first but lost 9kg in the first week after she was born. im currently 35 weeks with bub #2 and have only gained 11kg. i was not a very small person to begin with (82kg). i think every pregnancy is different. i say just go with the flow and enjoy it. we all have an excuse to gain weight after all!

Hi everyone,

I am 15 weeks and i have gained about 6kgs. Im not to concerned i actually thought i would have gained more seens my morning sickness was so horrible i was eating heavy foods every two hours just to stop the nausea. i was so sick of eating by the end... I am so excited about having this baby i feel there is nothing more important to me than a healthy baby and all scans so a healthy baby .i figure i am just going to have to work a little harder to loose the excess kgs after the birth...... ( i am so excited to be a mum...

grin grin grin

I sound just like you, am 14.5 weeks, have gained 4kgs and started showing really early (like at 10 weeks)even my partner mentioned I my be eating abit much. But I'm eating only really healthy food even if it is every 2 hours to stop the nausea. And as I can't run due to siatic pain I swim every day. I am hoping my fitness will help me to lose the extra weight when baby arrives.
I am 31wks pregnant i have gestation diabetes i have been told my bubba is big already since 27wks

i have only put on 9 kilos so far i am happy don't care to put on much more only got 6wks 6 days left to go till i meet my bubba smile smile smile
Hi All,

Well last week we found out we are having another little boy!!!!!
to tell you the truth i was quietly hoping for a little girl, but it does not really matter as long as he is healthy....

Mychoice- the only thing that has kept me sane through this pregnancy is knowing that at the end i will have a beautiful little bub. I just feel sooooooooo big and i know i should be enjoying it but it is just so hard.

Jen P- i too have not enjoyed being pregnant!!!! i love being a mum though it is the greatest thing i have ever done!!!! just a pity it take 9 months of crap to get there.

Cheers
Cass
Hi,

With my first pregnancy I gained 30kgs!! Nothing was ever mentioned by my GP or the midwives (I did the shared care thing). I am now 15 weeks pregnant with Baby 2 and I am now under an OB. He has got me walking as much as possible (usual 3 times a week at least) and I have only gained 1.6kgs, so far. Although you are not allowed to diet when pregnant, this time around I am making a real effort to make better food choices and I think that is making all the difference.
I have to say that I wasn't concerned about my weight gain the first time round until I was trying to lose it afterwards smile At the end of the day as long as you and the baby are healthy thats all that really matters!
Sign in to follow this topic