Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Anyone NOT put on any weight?? Lock Rss

Hi all,

I'm 17 and a half weeks pregnant and still have not put on any weight. I lost about 3kgs in the beginning due to severe morning sickness but am still about 1kg under my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm starting to get a bit worried coz I read somewhere that you are supposed to put on about 1/2 a kg a week from now on??

Is anyone else in the same boat? Or have you been?

Thanks.
I had all day sickness right up until the day my son was born. By the end of pregnancy, I had gained just under 4 kgs.

I started out quite overweight though, and my Dr did advise trying not to gain too much weight. So the throwing up all day worked out quite well there smile
there isnt really a magic number, as long as you are healthy and the baby is growing everything should be ok. I have a friend who had triplets and her weight just before having them was about 1 1/2 kgs above her pre pregancy weight!!
With my first pregnancy I still hadnt put on any weight at 18wks, then between 18-22wks i put on 6kg!! And then i stacked it on quite quickly and had put on 17kg at 40wks. This pregnancy im only 11wks so far, but i read in my pregnancy book i "should have" gained 1.5kg by now but ive actually lost 2kg. I wouldnt be worried at all smile
Im classed as over weight for my age and height so for the last 4 months I was trying to lose weight not realising I was pregnant. So in the first 3 months I lost 3 kgs.
Then a month ago I found out I was 3 months pregnant, Im still exercising lots for my own health but in the last month I have gained 1kg back.
I guess everyone is different as long as your not underweight then I wouldn't worry at all smile
Im 23 weeks now and hadn't gained anything untill my 22 week scan. I gained 3 kgs and my pre- pregnancy weight was around the 22 bmi mark. Compared to my previous pregnancy I was 2 kgs heavier at this point. As long as u eat healthy and still exercise you will be better for it. I'm happy with my weight gain.
Hi, I lost 6 kgs in the first 18weeks of pregnancy due to morning sickness, im now 24 weeks and have only put back on 3 kgs. My baby belly isnt very big and I was always a little worried that my baby wasnt well as I wasnt putting on weight. But my Obs isnt worried and thinks its all fine, baby might just be small or have a growth spurt later on. Im sure everything will be fine.
YES! Im 22 weeks pregnant and still haven't gained anything but didnt have any morning sickness so cant blame it on that. I gained about 20kgs with DD and hadnt lost all of it when I got pregnant so i figure I'm already carrying a little extra, eating better than I was and chasing after a toddler this time around . I'm not worried as my little man is growing perfectly even a little ahead for his dates just keeping my fingers crossed that my weight stays steady so by the time he comes out its alot easier to bounce back smile
Hi - Im 34+2 weeks and i have put on 5kg since the start. I dont think it matters much. If you have had or are still getting morning sickness this could have soemthing to do with it! smile
I am 20 weeks pregnant and don't seem to have put on any weight. I didn't put on a huge amount during my first pregnancy though so you shouldn't be too worried as long as bubs is growing well and healthy.

Good luck smile

Hi all,

I'm 17 and a half weeks pregnant and still have not put on any weight. I lost about 3kgs in the beginning due to severe morning sickness but am still about 1kg under my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm starting to get a bit worried coz I read somewhere that you are supposed to put on about 1/2 a kg a week from now on??

Is anyone else in the same boat? Or have you been?

Thanks.

Hey there, as long as the Dr says that everything is fine I wouldnt be too concerned. With my first I lost a total of 15 kilos when I was preggo - I was a size 10 so didnt really need to but had terrible ms - in and out of hospital type of ms...

With this one Im nearly 24 weeks and Ive lost a total of 5 kilos. Once again due to morning sickness .... the dr is happy with the way that things are progressing so Im not concerned at this stage.

Just remember that the baby takes everything it needs from you - hence the reason we all feel so crappy !!

Good luck and enjoy ..

Don't worry this is common especially if you were sick at start of pg.. I didn't put on any weight till after i was 18-20weeks from memory and even then it was very slow i put most of my weight in the last 6 weeks when i finished work and my daughter grew HEAPS!!!!!
Sign in to follow this topic