Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

GESTATIONAL DIABETES - HELP Lock Rss

I had a BSL of 5.9 last night after dinner & then this morning when I got up it was 6.3. I didn't eat anything in between but I did sleep in until 9 after being up until after 10 with DS, and then up half the night going to the toilet. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Robin

I had a BSL of 5.9 last night after dinner & then this morning when I got up it was 6.3. I didn't eat anything in between but I did sleep in until 9 after being up until after 10 with DS, and then up half the night going to the toilet. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Hi i had GD and my morning levels used to be high before i ate anything i was told it happenes to alot of people my levels didnt start getting high till the end but so i managed to avoid going on insulin as it was diet controled only, but yeah thats what i was told would happen if they got to high i would go on insulin or if already on it then would have to change the dosage. not much help sorry.
I'm really hoping to avoid the injections too, I'm almost 32 weeks now and most likely only have 4 weeks left (my previous 2 came at 36 weeks).

Its come back down since I had something to eat and the hospital's happy with it and I just have to keep a close eye on it today so finger's crossed it continues to behave itself.

Robin

I have had GD twice and expect to get it again this pregnancy, at times my levels in the morning were high even though i hadnt eaten anything, I think its because your body needs constant food to keep your levels down (which I know is hard when your meant to be sleeping) but it may have had something to do with what you ate for tea too, if its just happened the once or just happens occasionally I wouldnt worry too much, unless every reading of yours is high I wouldnt be too concerned, when I was preg with DS2 my levels sometimes were 7.4 during the day and it read like that a few times even though i had eaten things previously that turned my levels fine, when i went to my app I told her I was concerned that my levels were getting oout of control and she said that being over 7 a couple of times is fine, she said some women go over by up to 11-12!!!! I also found that if i tested after sitting in the sun or having a massage my levels would be high, weird hey?

Definitely, i give up, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best, my mum's gone and done some more research for me and it seems like just about everything can give you a higher then normal reading including stress. So I'm going to try and take each day as it comes and wait for the Dr to tell me when there's a problem. Really can't wait until bub's born, you have my sympathies going through this for the third time.

Robin

Sign in to follow this topic