Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Extremely Itchy Lock Rss

Ok well as you can see i am almost 12weeks and today iam so very itchy all over leg,thighs, arms, buttocks,hips& back extremly itchy not just like you itch it and it's gone.

Not sure weather to be concerned i have googled it and there are a few things it could be but don't want to freak out. Any one had this before? Anything you could tell me that might help would be awesome please!

Ok well as you can see i am almost 12weeks and today iam so very itchy all over leg,thighs, arms, buttocks,hips& back extremly itchy not just like you itch it and it's gone.

Not sure weather to be concerned i have googled it and there are a few things it could be but don't want to freak out. Any one had this before? Anything you could tell me that might help would be awesome please!

Hi
I was extremely itchy in my second pregnancy. I mostly had it on my back where my epidural was forst time, my breaasts and tummy. The midwives said it was my skin stretching. DS is now nearly 4 weeks old and I've not been itchy since he was born.
HTH

You could just be going through an 'itchy stage', I think all of us get it at some stage. Try moisturising your skin all over, there are also some great itch relief products available for pregnant woman(try the chemist). My mother used pinetarsol gels, creams and bath products to stop the itch with my sister, and even though they smelt NASTY AS, they helped immensely. Hope that helps you. Best of luck smile

if you develop a rash it could be PUPPS. it is THE WORST THING EVER but does not harm bubs or anything. just makes you itch like mad.
Mumto2ts,

That's one of the things that came up when i googled itching in pregnancy but i think they said it was further along in pregnancy? If it continues i will be going to the Dr cause it is driving me insane. It's definatly not streching skin thing as i am not quite 12 weeeks and i don't think my skin could stretch any more lol. Hopefully it will go away on it's own and is nothing too serious.

Thank you for your replies!
Sign in to follow this topic