Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

had no morning sickness Lock Rss

hey everyone.

im 22 weeks today smile .. i was lucky enough not to get morning sickness during my first couple of weeks/months. but have been feeling quite sick lately.
it starts in the morning, then i feel ill for the rest of the day. i cant seem to enjoy a meal, iam put off by most food but feel really hungry.

is this morning sickness???
if so, what can i do to make it through the day without feeling like bum?
can i eat something that wont make me wanna spew?

cheers, chels
Yep, it sounds like morning sickness alright. Ive had it off and on throughout whole pregnancy, and after thinking it was finally over, It came back a few days ago. Try eating foods that you know wont set you off, unfortunately its different things for everyone, but spicy or acidic foods dont seem to help. Drink water, you at least need to stay hydrated. All the best.

Hey! I guess it's really an individual thing and what works for one person won't necessarily work for everyone. I found it's best to just 'snack' throughout the day rather having any BIG meals. And i also found it helped if i ate an early dinner else i would wake during the night feeling sick!

One little thing that helped me a lot were those sour lollies you can buy in supermarkets. I found if i kept having those throughout the day i tended to feel a lot better.

And i also ate heaps of apples and celery ... i guess coz they aren't very flavoursome they didn't trigger any nausea.

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

hey everyone.

im 22 weeks today smile .. i was lucky enough not to get morning sickness during my first couple of weeks/months. but have been feeling quite sick lately.
it starts in the morning, then i feel ill for the rest of the day. i cant seem to enjoy a meal, iam put off by most food but feel really hungry.

is this morning sickness???
if so, what can i do to make it through the day without feeling like bum?
can i eat something that wont make me wanna spew?

cheers, chels

First thing for how far through pregnancy you are is you want to rule out low iron levels and uti's.
Secondly if it is morning sickness try sucking on boiled sweets and lollipops and if its bad in the morning it may pay to wake yourself up atleast once during the night to have one.
If its related to morning sickness and its worse in the morning the reason this happens is that your blood sugar levels drop alot quicker while you are pregnant so you need to keep up your food intake, having a boiled sweet or lollipop is easy to eat and will spike it up long enough for you to start consuming things. It gets worse if you don't eat because your sugar levels are low and making you not want to because your stomach will become empty and this in turn upsets your stumach acids and makes you throw up or get reflux.
So what you want to do is have th lollies until you feel you can nibble something, prefferably something dry, I found crackers great and start sipping water once you feel upto it start eating meals again but instead of having 3 big meals a day try to have 6 small meals a day so its spread out and last longer.
Also seabands can help with the nausea.
If you are really bad, none of this is helping, you can't keep anything down and your vomiting all the time you need to contact your midwife as you more then likely have hyperemesis and will need medication.
I agree, have snacks throughout the day, I found that if I didn't eat (dammit so annoying cause i didnt feel like eating) I felt sicker.
Lollies were good, you can keep them in your pocket at work!
I craved fruit, funny not any more though, was hoping that one would stick
I had real bad morning sickness with this pregnancy for the first three months. What I found was the best remedy was the sea sickness bands that you can buy from the chemist. They work on pressure points to stop nausea. I also found ginger beer, ginger nuts or anything to do with ginger helped a lot to.
Hope this might help smile
Thanks heaps for the advice ladies.

Ive been eating more often (some times force feeding) and eating in snacks and its getting me through the day.

smile
Sign in to follow this topic