Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

exercise when pregnant Rss

I am trying to make sure i dont put on a lot of weight during this pregnancy and i am currently (and have been doing) zumba, but i realise that i wont be able to do this much longer

So what exercise did you do while pregnant? I am already about 15kgs over weight and im only 6 weeks pregnant.
I go for a daily (well, almost daily) walk, I do about 4km

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do 30 mins of walking on treadmill/elliptical/bike.

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do 30 mins of walking on treadmill/elliptical/bike.

I did absolutely nothing...and regret it. I didnt put on much weight during pregnancy, but my labour was long and horrible. People told me that if i excercised, my labour would have been easier, and i didnt listen, silly me!!

I did absolutely nothing...and regret it. I didnt put on much weight during pregnancy, but my labour was long and horrible. People told me that if i excercised, my labour would have been easier, and i didnt listen, silly me!!

I tend to believe that, I maintained my fitness when I was preg with DS, if not improved it a bit (again, only walking) and I had a 3.5hr labour and found it relatively easy

I hope it works for me! I did nothing when preg w DS, put on 32kgs and had a longggg posterior labour sad
I exercised 3-4 times every week this pregnancy (apart from about 6 weeks over xmas) and have put on about 10kgs so far. I hope my labour is a bit shorter this time!!

Damn tech errors. Grrr

Ds i played netball til 16 weeks which included 2 trainings a week also. Then i continued to walk a couple times a week for approx 1 hr at a fast pace. 13 kg gained
DD i played netball til i was 12 weeks and then did regular walks with DS in the pram. Also chased after a 20 month old. 14 kg gained
This pregnancy i continued my regular routine at the gym of running on the trdmill, circuit classes, spin classes, andfitbox til i was 12 weeks and then i continued to run 3kgs til i was 20 weeks. Now at 27 weeks i walk 3-4 km on the tredmill a couple times a weight plus weights then i chase 2 kids around and get out for short walks often - 27 weeks ive gained 5kgs.
i did very very little with my first DD and had a long and horrible labour and gained 16 kgs.

Haven't learned too much from the last time though as i have done very very little exercise so far this pregnancy too LOL
So far ive gained less weight than i did at this point in my first pregnancy though so fingers crossed!
I did pilates a pregancy one it was great and i didn't eat for two!! And ate heathly i think that's the key is not to over eat and stay away from junk!!
I am currently 8 weeks preggers with #4 so apart from running around after the other 3 kiddies I do swimming, walks on treadmill (6kms) body attack class 4x week and a pt session at the gym. So far am feeling fabulous - have lost a couple of kgs though so will just have to watch that but am feeling almost the best out of all my pregnancies! Heres hoping that I get an even better birth then my last of just under 1 hr!!

Just listen to your body though - you will know when you should stop doing something coz it will tell you, dont try anything new though when you stop so maybe just jumpt on the tready or x-trainer!

goodluck!
Sign in to follow this topic