Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

What do you avoide while being PG? Lock Rss

Hi ladies,

Just seeing what you all avoid during PG.

I am an older Mum and is a bit worrying all these things you hear like SLS in products. Last pregnancy I didn't colour my hair and brought shampoo and conditioner, sunscreen and moisturiser from the health food shop. Natural Instincts.

What I avoided :-

alcohol
soft cheeses
deli meats
bain marie (sp?) type food
soft serve ice cream
uncooked foods like sea food
this one freaked me out too in my first preg as you hear so many stories about things that are 'dangerous' but honestly i think some people go overboard.
i just figured that if its bad for you when your not preg then its def bad when you are, eg) smoking
so my only strict things were smoking, strong cleaning products, alcohol (i snuck a glass of bubbles on my 21st lol), excess caffine , def no energy drinks and was very careful with medications. foodwise i pretty much still ate everything no way was i giving up cheese or shellfish! i just made sure that i didnt eat too much of any one thing.. moderation i think is the key and to eat as little processed food and as much fresh as possible. i dont think general personal care products are too bad but the more natural the better anyways, we get enough chemicals from our environment without rubbing them on ourselves too! natural instict is still really good, i dont like their conditioner tho.

this one freaked me out too in my first preg as you hear so many stories about things that are 'dangerous' but honestly i think some people go overboard.
i just figured that if its bad for you when your not preg then its def bad when you are, eg) smoking
so my only strict things were smoking, strong cleaning products, alcohol (i snuck a glass of bubbles on my 21st lol), excess caffine , def no energy drinks and was very careful with medications. foodwise i pretty much still ate everything no way was i giving up cheese or shellfish! i just made sure that i didnt eat too much of any one thing.. moderation i think is the key and to eat as little processed food and as much fresh as possible. i dont think general personal care products are too bad but the more natural the better anyways, we get enough chemicals from our environment without rubbing them on ourselves too! natural instict is still really good, i dont like their conditioner tho.

My gosh either do hi lol it's horrible

What I avoided :-

alcohol
soft cheeses
deli meats
bain marie (sp?) type food
soft serve ice cream
uncooked foods like sea food

Same same

I avoided stress and negativity.
I exercised, both strength and cardio.
I thought more about what to include in my diet than what to avoid. I ate masses of green leafy vegetables, organic dairy/meat/tofu, lots of small fish like mullet/whiting/tommy ruffs. I ate very little processed foods.
The result was three massive healthy boys and quick recovery for me, who knows if it was the diet or genetics but I sure felt energetic and positive being pregnant.

Good luck
All of the above (smoking, alcohol, soft cheeses- though have had some cheese)& Dog dribble.
Hate it. Makes me feel so sick.

Bit of a random there, but the dog just comes up to me and wipes his nose and there is dribble & snot left on the clothing... yuck. Even though the dog just wants a cuddle and he is so gorgeous and I love him to death, I just can't handle the dribble.

LOL i am pregnant with #2 and have been more relaxed this time around. Like everyone i avoid smoke, alcohol soft cheeses raw seafood etc. Was told by my obst that though tuna is great moderation is the key (was in love with it tongue) as it and salmon have high mercury levels..the fish thats crumbed etc is generally fine the worst fish is flake (i.e shark)and swordfish.

He also informed me that from reputable places (i.e woolworths etc) the deli ham and salami was fine as it had a preservative in it to avoid the bad bugs tongue but then again its whether you mind the preservatives...he said deli chicken (e.i chicken loaf) was a big no no though..as are pasta potato salads pre made.

I dont really eat eggs unless scrambled so they have never really been an issue..TBH i hadnt even thought about products i use (and yet am fanatical about DD!! lol) but also know that some anti pimple products were a no go during pregnancy due to a chemical..couldnt remeber which one so just avoid them all lmao thats about all i think grin

oh also was aware soft serve was a hazard and had none with DD but must admit i had a mcflurry the other day and it was SOO good wink and of course the energy drinks..i dont drink them anyway though LOL

gasp oh my gosh i must seriously consider my diet prior to trying gasp
first step is to eliminate my addiction to "V" you don't wanna no how much i spend on it a year...
then stop smoking
find something new to put in my sandwiches
really i cant eat runny eggs with my toast!!
is the shampoo and conditioner really a big deal or just a wives tale? what in it should i try to avoid?
cut back a coffee or two a day
Wow this might take awhile i think i need to start on some of these next week and get into a better routine i new my lifestyle wasn't healthy just needed to hear/read it.
Also avoid spas, saunas, hot baths etc that raise the body temp. and sports where falling/contact are likely.
Kudos to Karen-A and tonz***.... I agree with you both completely. Never have drunk fizzy drinks let alone energy drinks, didn't drink alcohol to begin with and stopped smoking as soon as I found out I was expecting. I think people rely way too much on the things to avoid instead of the things to increase or focus on ie, sensible exercise and nutrition. Stress and negativity is a major for me too.
Sign in to follow this topic