Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Is it enough weight gain?? Lock Rss

hi

Just a question regarding weight gain in the third trimester. I weigh myself daily and I've noticed I am only putting on 100gms a week just. Is this normal for the third trimester? I don't see the doc till Monday and am just a little paranoid, I don't think that seems enough? I was a healthy weight before pregnancy and have put on 10kg so far I'm almost 30 weeks.
as far as i remember 12kg is average to put on while pregnant and it looks like your on track so i wouldn't worry to much smile
try not to worry about weight too much smile i put on 18kg with my first but only 5kg with my second.. both were 9 pound BIG healthy bubbas and my weight before each preg was the same (47kg..im tiny lol) so i quite literally only put on the weight of the baby and fluid for #2 bub was 4.5kg of the 5kg i put on!
as long as your fundal height (height of the top of your uterus) is ok then bub is growing fine, thats what matters not how much YOU put on, the nurses should start measuring your fundal height every couple of weeks now and will tell you if theres an issue.

hi

Just a question regarding weight gain in the third trimester. I weigh myself daily and I've noticed I am only putting on 100gms a week just. Is this normal for the third trimester? I don't see the doc till Monday and am just a little paranoid, I don't think that seems enough? I was a healthy weight before pregnancy and have put on 10kg so far I'm almost 30 weeks.

Im 29 weeks tomorrow and have put on 9.5kg, I hope its right cos o feel like its heaps

I wouldnt worry. My first i put on 20kg (my DS was 10p 4o) gasp and my second i only put on 4 right at the very end. DS2 was 8p 4o.
I read somewhere yesterday that you put on approx half your pregnancy weight b/w 20-30 weeks, so perhaps you've already had your major weight gain.
Doctors dont care bout ur weight they care bout the baby, i'm 23 weeks and have put on 2kg so far, As long as the baby is at the correct length during u/sounds and they're happy ur eating properly they wont worry bout ur weight.

Kiddi <3

Hi

Thanks all for your replys.

I'm not worried about the 10kg I have already put on. I just thought at this stage of pregnancy you should put on more than 100gms a week. I thought it should be more like 400gms plus at this stage. Dont get me wrong, im loving not gaining allot at the moment, but it does worry me, incase bubs isn't growing properly or something.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what doc says on Monday.
i remember reading somewhere that on average. we put on approx 1kg per week in the last trimester. i know i have been putting a kg a week. =/ lol
I'm 38 weeks at the moment and I've lost 2kg's over the last 3 weeks, my total gain is about 9.5kgs. My doctor's not concerned as my stomach is measuring to date, and I was a little overweight to begin with (gained 38kgs in my first pregnancy). Remember your body is using more calories while pregnant, and if your busy it's possible your losing some of your weight! I would say as long as your tummy is measuring to size you should be fine!
i am almost 37 weeks and have only put on 5kgs. i was overweight to start with and the doctors are happy i have not gained too much.

on the other hand, my SIL is due the same day and she has put on 30kgs and her doctors are not too concerned with that gain either.

so i guess as long a bub is growing, tummy is measuring ok, then all should be ok. I'm sure the doctors would tell you if they were concerned.
OMG - i dont know why ladies worry about there weight gain (its a baby not a wedding or something)...

average is 12kgs for the whole pregnancy but everyones different and carry different. my pre weigh was 58kg i weigh now 72kgs so you do the maths!! and people tell me im small and im 31 weeks so it all depends on the person and how they carry..

DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Sign in to follow this topic